PDA

View Full Version : Apology to ALemon et. al.


ftaok
May 30, 2002, 03:02 PM
I guess I just missed that other thread before it closed. But I did want to post this.

Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
:) np. you know it seems one of the big problems with the boards here (getting off topic i know) is that often we write things casually and then when people read it it sounds very harsh. and then people respond purposely harsh because they think someone is attacking them and it just escalates. sorry if some of my posts seem rude, and sorry if ive responded in a hasrh manner at times.

the biggest wrong thing i was seeing is the continued use of 'i cant play avi on apple' qt plays the majority of avi files. what it doesnt play you can always download a player for. i woudlnt consider this harder than the pc, because there are files on the pc you need different apps or codecs for. quicktime for example. on the pc you have to go download it. just doesnt seem like a fair critisism. (im also guessing the avi files you are trying to view are not 'legal' in the strictist use of the word, which could be why it takes a lil more effort --ie downloading a player)

and in general i think thats the biggest problem with all of the above (yours and others) mac versus pc (thats what this has turned into) debate. people look at the peecee then look at the mac and want it to work the same way. but they are different. if they were the same there would be no reason to use one over the other. you mentionw ebsites that macs cant view. i believe these are few and far between because mac browsers do recognise web standards just as well as pc browsers. sure you can find a site or two that uses some nonstandard codethat wont work on mac, but as i said before im know of a few sites that ie on pc cant rendre either. but the overwhleming majority of sites will be viewable on both. and the few sites that use obscure code most likely arent worth yor time (if they are i would seriously consider writing the webmaster).

its a two way street and people sometimes get lost in the pc does this can the mac match that same behavior exactly. becasue usually the answer is no, the mac does it differently. but most of the differences are positive ones. sure there are a few negatives, but they are rare, and often being addressed actively by apple.

if you really have usability issues (like avi problems) start another thread in the help section and ask people for help. some people here live to answer people's questions. but when you start off by saying "this is the problem with apple..." people often get hostile because we are tired of hearing it. many of us get attacked daily at work or by 'friends' for using amc, and we come here and see pc users or mac newbies saying the same things and it gets unnerving. i apologise for that, but its the way things are. you are in a great mac community here, try to sue the knnowledge base rather than attack it.

and guyus lets try to take it down a notch, some of the posts here are really enough to make me consider closing the thread, but im holding off because i guess im hoping some good can come of it. Truer words have never been said.

I feel that a lot of times, on these big threads, it gets hard for me to keep track of who said what, let alone what I said. I was sorta disappointed that I was being attacked (that's the way it felt) for just voicing an opinion which I believed to be very valid. A lot of you guys give out some really good info and help, and I try to take it all in.

Anyways, I never meant to imply that I truly believed that Macs weren't compatible at all. Just wanted to get into the head of an average non-Mac user and to really some of the frustration in getting various things to work on my Mac (i.e. ActiveX and the avi's).

So let's call a truce to this debate and smile!

BTW, those avi's that I have aren't all too legal, but they're not what you think. Or maybe they are. :D

AlphaTech
May 30, 2002, 03:17 PM
ftaok, as many people will tell you (some have burn marks from area effect flaming ;) ) I don't apologize for much of anything. If it turns out that I made an error, and get corrected, I will give credit to the person who found my error (happens very infrequently when it comes to Mac tech). Others will tell you that I am worse then a pit-bull when I get on the war path. I don't back down, I don't surrender, I just keep hammering away at thick skulls (usually with protruding brows) until it sinks in or they go away. I also (typically) give the throwback at least a one post chance to avoid the flames and sniper rounds. If they miss that chance, heaven help them, because hell is on my side. :D

With that in mind, you did a good job of smoothing things over with this thread/post.

eyelikeart
May 30, 2002, 03:19 PM
I closed the thread...

u were getting a bit too heated...it was being reported...

I am glad to see u guys making up here though... ;)

ftaok
May 30, 2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
ftaok, as many people will tell you (some have burn marks from area effect flaming ;) ) I don't apologize for much of anything. If it turns out that I made an error, and get corrected, I will give credit to the person who found my error (happens very infrequently when it comes to Mac tech). Others will tell you that I am worse then a pit-bull when I get on the war path. I don't back down, I don't surrender, I just keep hammering away at thick skulls (usually with protruding brows) until it sinks in or they go away. I also (typically) give the throwback at least a one post chance to avoid the flames and sniper rounds. If they miss that chance, heaven help them, because hell is on my side. :D

With that in mind, you did a good job of smoothing things over with this thread/post. To be honest, Ambitious Lemon handed out the olive branch. I was just following his lead.

AlphaTech
May 30, 2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ftaok
To be honest, Ambitious Lemon handed out the olive branch. I was just following his lead.

Either way, its good to see that you accepted it... I would offer one, but it got burned down in one of my early flame wars :D....

Choppaface
May 30, 2002, 08:14 PM
remember the ignore feature is always there (it's certainly working wonders for me :D :D)

Grokgod
May 30, 2002, 09:20 PM
Damn , did I miss another irrelevant flame war!

Crap, sitting here all day in front of the computer doing nothing worth while
waiting for a decent flame war to break up my useless day and what happens the minute I turn my back and go to have blissful sex.

PHHhhhshssssstttttt Flames everywhere.

And I missed it, but my girl was over and that was a good time.
Anyone want to see the video? :p

No seriously now, gentlemen.

Does anyone really take the heat of these flames seriously?
I for one enjoy reading the occaisional blasting of twisted remarks.
Especially when they is good old fashioned name calling wiht a satirical twist.
I think its good for one and all, can you imagine if there were never a burst of wanton fiery words.
why, it would be maddness I tell you , pure maddness!

"Oh sir, I beg you to forgive my errant remark for surely you know best in this
situation and I bow to your superiour intellect!"

" oh no no!, surely you jest, you have proven your knowledge, time and time again, your reputation is unscathed and without reproach. Please continue your powerful and witty dialogue!"

Cough cough, I puke on this banal banter. lets fight when the ire is up, its so much the better for when we all come together and make up as the olive branch descends upon our blood stained brows!

Crumbs and biscuits, they finally shipped my freakin Ti.
I finally found a rant that I could squeeze that in,, Oh did I mention my free, FREE firefly...... FLAME ON!

ANyone want to see the video of when i accept deliver! < choke!>
Damn, I am irritating.

Soylent Green is people!

alex_ant
May 30, 2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Grokgod
Damn , did I miss another irrelevant flame war!
Looks like it, but if it makes you feel any better, you're a stinking pansy, your mom is a fat whore, OS X suxors, and Windows XP rules. :)

Grokgod
May 30, 2002, 10:29 PM
hey you hurt my feelings! :(

Oh your joking Ha ha.

Nevermind.

teabgs
May 30, 2002, 11:35 PM
we should get travis or gocyrus back here to yell at and give everyone a common enemy...:D

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
we should get travis or gocyrus back here to yell at and give everyone a common enemy...:D

is it just me....or has gocyrus' name been coming up a lot lately?!

britboy
May 31, 2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


is it just me....or has gocyrus' name been coming up a lot lately?!


Yes, it has. I think people are missing having an obvious idiot on the boards. He kind of made it easy to flame him. Flaming can be fun ;)

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by britboy



Yes, it has. I think people are missing having an obvious idiot on the boards. He kind of made it easy to flame him. Flaming can be fun ;)

maybe....but if u look around at some of the things many of the newbies are pulling....u could easily find a flamewar to jump into...there have been a lot of cocky...dumb comments being posted in other threads lately...

not that I'm an advocate for flamewars....it's partly why I'm here....to bring peace to the forums... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


maybe....but if u look around at some of the things many of the newbies are pulling....u could easily find a flamewar to jump into...there have been a lot of cocky...dumb comments being posted in other threads lately...

But even with the ignorance and stupidity, it takes someone who's willing to jump up and start flaming. There aren't that many around here, Alpha's the only really active one and most people catch on quick not to mess around.

teabgs
May 31, 2002, 09:10 AM
Maybe I should kick it to "pissed off teabgs style" and run around macrumors as a renegade flamer!.....did that come out right?:D

britboy
May 31, 2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
Maybe I should kick it to "pissed off teabgs style" and run around macrumors as a renegade flamer!.....did that come out right?:D


and you'd no doubt soon get a rap on the knuckles from arn... :rolleyes:

Newbies deserve a warm welcome, i agree, but that doesn't mean the 'warm' part needs to be done with a flame-thrower :p

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
Maybe I should kick it to "pissed off teabgs style" and run around macrumors as a renegade flamer!.....did that come out right?:D

As long as you keep your clothes on.

You'd probably have a hard time finding many targets, like I said, once flamed, they don't come back lookin for more (usually)

teabgs
May 31, 2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


As long as you keep your clothes on.

You'd probably have a hard time finding many targets, like I said, once flamed, they don't come back lookin for more (usually)

Ah, man! Why do you have to take all the fun out of it?

What if I just wear a hat...?;)

Dunepilot
May 31, 2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
ftaok, as many people will tell you (some have burn marks from area effect flaming ;) ) I don't apologize for much of anything. If it turns out that I made an error, and get corrected, I will give credit to the person who found my error (happens very infrequently when it comes to Mac tech). Others will tell you that I am worse then a pit-bull when I get on the war path. I don't back down, I don't surrender, I just keep hammering away at thick skulls (usually with protruding brows) until it sinks in or they go away. I also (typically) give the throwback at least a one post chance to avoid the flames and sniper rounds. If they miss that chance, heaven help them, because hell is on my side. :D

With that in mind, you did a good job of smoothing things over with this thread/post.

What Alphatech meant to write was:

"Look at me everyone! I'm proud of the fact that I always reply to posts without thinking them through. I know everything there is to know about macintosh! Oh, by the way did I tell you that I'm a systems administrator. Y'know, like the one from theregister.co.uk. The bastard operator from hell. It's really good constantly calling other people stupid, especially if they make a valid point that I haven't read properly (you have to excuse my English, I dropped out of school back in ****sville cos the other kids weren't impressed with my fantastic geek credentials). Anyway, I'm happy now, because I've found Macrumors where I can be as obnoxious and get away with it, because I know that if I was this rude in real life, someone would run a car key along the beautiful chrome of my bike. Looooooargh........ chrome. I love chrome. Chrome powerbook etc. etc. "

Now, where's that ignore button gone...

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


But even with the ignorance and stupidity, it takes someone who's willing to jump up and start flaming. There aren't that many around here, Alpha's the only really active one and most people catch on quick not to mess around.

u are right...he lives for that sort of thing...

it's quite funny...in a sick sort of way don't u think?

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


it's quite funny...in a sick sort of way don't u think?

No mercy or quarter given on his part. And people complain about him, but I'm happy he's out there kicking butts. It makes it safer for the rest of us....

Seriously, it does keep the stupidity at bay, and only once in a while gets out of hand that you have to step in and say something or shut down a thread if things get hot, like yesterday. And that's because people don't back down, ha, wild dynamics on the threads sometimes.

D

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet


No mercy or quarter given on his part. And people complain about him, but I'm happy he's out there kicking butts. It makes it safer for the rest of us....

D

yeah...he doesn't ****** around...and he's one of those people who literally hates ignorance....

kind of like when everyone is thinking something...and it takes just one to actually say it....that's Alpha...;)

he's also an incredible source of info when it comes to Mac hardware...he's helped me numerous times... :D

Dunepilot
May 31, 2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


yeah...he doesn't ****** around...and he's one of those people who literally hates ignorance....

kind of like when everyone is thinking something...and it takes just one to actually say it....that's Alpha...;)


I disagree with this.

He often attacks people senselessly in a way that doesn't achieve anything, i.e. by not actually READING the posts.

Alphatech shows more ignorance than a lot of the trolls that pop up, which makes the idea of him being an anti-zealot nonsense.

Macrumors would be a lot better without Alphatech's BS.

britboy
May 31, 2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Dunepilot


Macrumors would be a lot better without Alphatech's BS.


That's in your opinion. You are however just one of over 5100 members. Personally, i like alphatech, and enjoy reading most of his posts.

Is it his fault that he's knowledgeable about macs? No. Does he share that knowledge? Yes. Where's the problem? So he gets a bit boisterous at times... oh well, it all adds to the spice of life :p

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Dunepilot
I disagree with this.

He often attacks people senselessly in a way that doesn't achieve anything, i.e. by not actually READING the posts.

Alphatech shows more ignorance than a lot of the trolls that pop up, which makes the idea of him being an anti-zealot nonsense.

Macrumors would be a lot better without Alphatech's BS.

Ask all the people that I have helped out. BEFORE you start slamming people, make sure YOU have your facts straight.

When people type up several screens worth of crap, you better believe I won't waste my time reading their stupidity. Only those with entirely too much time on their hands would. Get to the point fast, and you will avoid the flames, unless you are showing way too much ignorance, or talking about a subject that I know about. I also have access to the resources to confirm or rebutt information posted.

As I have stated before, I do give people the chance to avoid flames, if they choose to be too ignorant to either see it, or take that opportunity, then I feel no mercy to them.

The only times I start to seriously flame people is when they turn too stupid to be allowed to breed. Ask the moderators about this... eyelikeart is on here a ton and sees threads that even I don't. During the week, I can't be at my desk all that much, since I am out HELPING people with their computers.

Oh, and if you are referring to the postings I have made about the alternate browsers, get over it. I have the latest build of chimera (built on fizzial... accurately named) and it failed an important test... handling frames.

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by britboy



That's in your opinion. You are however just one of over 5100 members. Personally, i like alphatech, and enjoy reading most of his posts.

Is it his fault that he's knowledgeable about macs? No. Does he share that knowledge? Yes. Where's the problem? So he gets a bit boisterous at times... oh well, it all adds to the spice of life :p

LOL.. thanks britboy.... I think ;)

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by britboy


Is it his fault that he's knowledgeable about macs? No. Does he share that knowledge? Yes. Where's the problem? So he gets a bit boisterous at times... oh well, it all adds to the spice of life :p

that's exactly it...he's good...and he knows it...he's a bit cocky with the newbies...but someone's gonna be...

anyway...I'm not worried...he's a hell of a source for Mac help... ;)

jefhatfield
May 31, 2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


that's exactly it...he's good...and he knows it...he's a bit cocky with the newbies...but someone's gonna be...

anyway...I'm not worried...he's a hell of a source for Mac help... ;)

other cocky posters were spikey, joeyj, and oldmac...i miss them...and they all had good mac info to bring to this board

i try to be nice to everyone unless they attack pcs the wrong way...it's ok to attack pcs since macs are better, but pcs have improved in many ways over the years and no matter how one looks at it today, a pc could do almost anything a mac can do

...but never with as much style and class as a mac:D

jef
pc techie/mac user

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 12:02 PM
jefhatfield, I KNOW that peecee's have a place in the world... for me, that is either as a cheap server (although the Xserve has changed that :D ) or as a GAME computer. I built up my peecee at home, and it behaves, probably because it knows who it's daddy is :D... I am about to set it up to boot from the RAID, using the two 160GB drives set as RAID 0. I will be installing w2k onto it, since 98 (any edition), nt4, me and xp home BLOW.... muahahahahahaa... :D

jefhatfield
May 31, 2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
jefhatfield, I KNOW that peecee's have a place in the world... for me, that is either as a cheap server (although the Xserve has changed that :D ) or as a GAME computer. I built up my peecee at home, and it behaves, probably because it knows who it's daddy is :D... I am about to set it up to boot from the RAID, using the two 160GB drives set as RAID 0. I will be installing w2k onto it, since 98 (any edition), nt4, me and xp home BLOW.... muahahahahahaa... :D

w2k...windows nt 5.0

xp...windows nt 5.1

:p

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield


w2k...windows nt 5.0

xp...windows nt 5.1

:p

I know nt4 has issues with current tech (it's getting too old), and I refuse to give m$ the info they want to make xp home run after 30 days. I also don't see enough improvements in xp pro over 2k to make the expense worth it. Have you seen how much they want to upgrade w2k to xp pro??? It's just sick. :p

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Have you seen how much they want to upgrade w2k to xp pro??? It's just sick. :p

And everyone around here is up in arms 'Apple better not make Jaguar a paid upgrade....."

GMAB!

Thanks for putting that in context there Alpha.

jefhatfield
May 31, 2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech


I know nt4 has issues with current tech (it's getting too old), and I refuse to give m$ the info they want to make xp home run after 30 days. I also don't see enough improvements in xp pro over 2k to make the expense worth it. Have you seen how much they want to upgrade w2k to xp pro??? It's just sick. :p

to me, xp is just a big gui facelift for w2k and ms should not be charging so much for an upgrade

xp does have some multimedia features that supposed to move ms beyond dos, but it will take time

apple is so far ahead and smart to use unix since that is the future for now

this field changes so fast that by the time i am ready to buy a new pc, xp will be outdated and maybe ms will have unix by then or have a universal os on the net with all ms apps on the net available for monthly "rental" like tv cable...could you imagine the money they can make...as if ms really needs it:rolleyes:

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield


other cocky posters were spikey, joeyj, and oldmac...i miss them...and they all had good mac info to bring to this board


I think that's exactly what britboy was getting at...it definitely makes things a bit interesting to watch...

but yes...I am a moderator...so it is my job to prevent attacks such as this...

so I will step in when needed ;)

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


And everyone around here is up in arms 'Apple better not make Jaguar a paid upgrade....."

GMAB!

Thanks for putting that in context there Alpha.

GMAB???? Even if Apple makes the next major update for OS X a paid one, I would wager it won't be as much as the full version (if you have OS X already). Just remember to use the coupons that came with either OS X 10.1 or your recent Mac purchase and you won't pay full price. Chances are, you will be able to get it for about $20 from Apple (the cost of the media and shipping). You might even be able to do that from an Apple retail store.

To 'upgrade' from w2k to xp pro is $200, full version is $300... m$ doesn't even give you the option of 'upgrading' from w2k to xp home, you HAVE to get the pro version :rolleyes:

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


I think that's exactly what britboy was getting at...it definitely makes things a bit interesting to watch...

but yes...I am a moderator...so it is my job to prevent attacks such as this...

so I will step in when needed ;)

You also have the power to splash cold water, or hot lava on me if I deserve it... thing is, you have not done that yet... :D

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech


GMAB????

To 'upgrade' from w2k to xp pro is $200, full version is $300... m$ doesn't even give you the option of 'upgrading' from w2k to xp home, you HAVE to get the pro version :rolleyes:

Give Me A Break

That's what I'm talking about. We won't be paying that much for an upgrade, and Jaguar seems to be quite a piece of work. Upgrading the M$ way is best described by Kevin Bacon in Animal House, 'Thank you sir, may I have another!'

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech


You also have the power to splash cold water, or hot lava on me if I deserve it... thing is, you have not done that yet... :D

but that does not mean it will not happen one day... ;)

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


Give Me A Break

That's what I'm talking about. We won't be paying that much for an upgrade, and Jaguar seems to be quite a piece of work. Upgrading the M$ way is best described by Kevin Bacon in Animal House, 'Thank you sir, may I have another!'

Hell yeah!!! Cool movie to by da way... Love the scene where they kill the horse :D, as well as the zit scene in the caf... That movie is a classic...

I know Apple won't charge any where near what m$ does. IF more people would look at things that way, less would b*tch about Apple's upgrade/update pricing.

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


but that does not mean it will not happen one day... ;)

True, true... If I ever cross the line and go that far, I will deserve it. Which is a good reason to keep a dialog running with you... so that I can get a warning before the dunking. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
I know Apple won't charge any where near what m$ does. IF more people would look at things that way, less would b*tch about Apple's upgrade/update pricing.

That's one of the reasons I brought it up and when the day comes that all the little weenies start their complaining I'll remind them how good they have it. I just wish I had remembered this when it came up last time.....

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


That's one of the reasons I brought it up and when the day comes that all the little weenies start their complaining I'll remind them how good they have it. I just wish I had remembered this when it came up last time.....

Well, considering how much stuff we have inside our heads, I'm not surprised that it got pushed aside. ;) I had to confirm the pricing of it just a little while ago, to make sure I got the numbers correct.

I lucked out when I built my game peecee, I was able to purchase an OEM copy of w2k. There was NO WAY I was going to spend $300 on an OS... I ended up spending about $170, which is still more then what Apple charged for 10.1 ($130 if I remember correct), and that even included a copy of 9.2 and the developer cd... What does m$ give you when you buy an OS?? The OS installer and the latest service pack that was released when the cd was made.... I still sit down a little funny from that transaction. ;)

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech


True, true... If I ever cross the line and go that far, I will deserve it. Which is a good reason to keep a dialog running with you... so that I can get a warning before the dunking. :D

he he he...just think of how weird it would look to see AlphaTech get slapped around...:D

not that I'd ever do that...but the idea of it is quite humorous!! :eek: ;)

britboy
May 31, 2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield


other cocky posters were spikey, joeyj, and oldmac...i miss them...and they all had good mac info to bring to this board



Don't forget Mr. Ivy League himself: John123 :p

Boy, those were the times....

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by britboy



Don't forget Mr. Ivy League himself: John123 :p

Boy, those were the times....

John123 surfaced a month ago, posted a thread "I'm back..." and then dissapeared again, weird

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


John123 surfaced a month ago, posted a thread "I'm back..." and then dissapeared again, weird

surprised he didn't create a thread "I'm going!" :D :rolleyes:

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


surprised he didn't create a thread "I'm going!" :D :rolleyes:

Maybe all the gods and demi-gods scared him too much :D... We bad, we bad :D

Dunepilot
May 31, 2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech


Maybe all the gods and demi-gods scared him too much :D... We bad, we bad :D

This is a pathetic ego trip.

britboy
May 31, 2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Dunepilot


This is a pathetic ego trip.

Talk about a sour-puss. Lighten up a little will you? Just because wales can't play rugby... ;)

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 02:02 PM
I smell something burning... ;)

Dunepilot
May 31, 2002, 02:07 PM
Well, with his wit, it ain't me!

Maybe I'm just pissed off because all of my friends are out drinking and I still have one exam to go...

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 02:15 PM
This is what happens when the rumors start to dry up and no one has anything to say....

We'll end up pulling the plug on all these threads. I've only done it once myself, and that was on my own thread, I'm still trying to fit into the moderator shoes.....

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Dunepilot

Maybe I'm just pissed off because all of my friends are out drinking and I still have one exam to go...

ah...the truth surfaces...

don't sweat it too much....just remember that hard work is always rewarded... ;)

AlphaTech
May 31, 2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


ah...the truth surfaces...

don't sweat it too much....just remember that hard work is always rewarded... ;)

Unless you work for a cruel, heartless bastard. In which case you are screwed no matter what.

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Unless you work for a cruel, heartless bastard. In which case you are screwed no matter what.

Or someone who doesn't really care what you do or understand it, just asks how come its not done......

I'm just glad its Friday!

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
We'll end up pulling the plug on all these threads. I've only done it once myself, and that was on my own thread, I'm still trying to fit into the moderator shoes.....

well duke...even though u mentioned having a wide forefoot...u seem to be doing fine...;)

have u gotten any reported threads emails yet?

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech


Unless you work for a cruel, heartless bastard. In which case you are screwed no matter what.

ha ha ha....

was more speaking in terms of one's self worth....it all comes around though in the long run I feel...

maybe I'm just a dreamer? ;)

Dunepilot
May 31, 2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


ah...the truth surfaces...

don't sweat it too much....just remember that hard work is always rewarded... ;)

All being well, these'll be the last exams I ever do!

I can't really believe I have a saturday afternoon exam though. That sucks ass.

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


well duke...even though u mentioned having a wide forefoot...u seem to be doing fine...;)

have u gotten any reported threads emails yet?

What do you mean by reported threads? Oh, no, not yet, PM me and tell me how that works.....

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Dunepilot


All being well, these'll be the last exams I ever do!

I can't really believe I have a saturday afternoon exam though. That sucks ass.

You're not a world cup fan, I hope?

When does England play their first game....

Dunepilot
May 31, 2002, 02:39 PM
I'm not really much of a footie fan, though with all the time I'll have on my hands I may just watch some of the world cup.

The rest of the time I'll probably be 'comforting' my girlfriend when she's doing her exams with start on Monday ;) . heh heh... comfort...


Yeah, anyway, Ensign Paris' thread sort of confirming a 1.5 G4 looks good. Something for me to buy this summer for Logic Audio!

britboy
May 31, 2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


You're not a world cup fan, I hope?

When does England play their first game....


England play their first match on sunday, 10:30 GMT.

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Dunepilot


All being well, these'll be the last exams I ever do!

I can't really believe I have a saturday afternoon exam though. That sucks ass.

that has to be a great feeling to know what u are accomplishing :D

just keep telling yourself it's the last exam u will ever have...it'll seem better... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 03:19 PM
Senegal stunned France (Cup Holder) beating them this morning. I'm sure you boys are happy about that??

Grokgod
Jun 1, 2002, 09:56 AM
Being French, I can say that the out come does not please me in the least!

In fact , I am rather miffed or angry even.

I couldnt watch the game at my place because I failed to rise early enough.
I should have taped the damn thing, you would think that ESPN would replay the damn thing at a more respectable time.

I found it rather hard to believe that the French were blasted away.

Has anyone seen that game. I really wish I had a video tape of it!

Now I wonder if there were any strange violent rampages in Paris
because of this?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 1, 2002, 10:58 AM
I didn't see it, but you can find out more here

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/world/2002/world_cup/match_summaries/2002/05/31/sen_fra/

One goal games are always a tough one. And with Papa Bouba Diop nailing one in at 30 min, it must have be a huge 60 min frustration for the French. But as its said - Any team can beat any other team on any given day. Wish I knew who said that, I think it was in reference to American Football...

Dunepilot
Jun 3, 2002, 05:58 PM
My exams are all over now!

My girlfriend's began today, though.

Hope you've all had a good weekend. I have

x

jelloshotsrule
Jun 3, 2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Senegal stunned France (Cup Holder) beating them this morning. I'm sure you boys are happy about that??

france gave up the goal and then probably just waved their white flags like usually.....

ohhhh snap! another american not thinkin beyond his nose i be....

and then the lobsterbacks tie.... that's rough.

Rower_CPU
Jun 3, 2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Grokgod
Being French, I can say that the out come does not please me in the least!

In fact , I am rather miffed or angry even.

I couldnt watch the game at my place because I failed to rise early enough.
I should have taped the damn thing, you would think that ESPN would replay the damn thing at a more respectable time.

I found it rather hard to believe that the French were blasted away.

Has anyone seen that game. I really wish I had a video tape of it!

Now I wonder if there were any strange violent rampages in Paris
because of this?

Ce match était vraiment étonnant! Le Sénégal a declaré le jour un fête national! :eek:

Je ne savais pas que tu étais de France. Moi, je suis américain, mais j'ai reçu mon BA en français, et, evidemment, j'aime bavarder en français quand j'ai l'opportunité.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU


Ce match était vraiment étonnant! Le Sénégal a declaré le jour un fête national! :eek:

Je ne savais pas que tu étais de France. Moi, je suis américain, mais j'ai reçu mon BA en français, et, evidemment, j'aime bavarder en français quand j'ai l'opportunité.

le hahaha.

Sorry, just had too. What do you plan on doing with a BA in French, Rower. I thought you more the techie type. Weird huh?

Je parles un peu aussi. But I haven't used it in years..