PDA

View Full Version : Garageband Loops Live With Click Track

Anderew
Oct 8, 2008, 12:51 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to incorporate my own loops that I've created on Garageband and play them live at my church. I also want to have a click track playing along with the loop. How do make it so that the audience is only hearing the loop instead of the loop and the click track?

Thanks
- andrew

tbrinson
Nov 10, 2008, 02:20 PM
We do this at my church and here is our solution.It really requires you to have some kind of in ear monitor solution (aviom) because any floor monitor sound will bleed into the congregation.

When creating a mix - move click to left channel and loop into the right channel. You can then burn the track straight from GB onto CD. This CD can be played through your mixing console into two separate channels. The console channel with the loop will be directed only into the in-ears while the right channel from the CD (make sure to switch it to mono on your console) will be able to be played in the house. Hope this is clear enough for you and a help.

We used to do this from the Mac through a Digital Interface but then learned to use the CD. I like the CD because we have less to rig and the CD never "hick-ups" or crashes.