Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
Hey guys, just wanting to know if anyone has tried customizing a Macbook with bigger hard drive, more RAM etc etc from an Apple store / reseller and have been told there may be a long wait ? The reason im asking this is due to the fact that this may give us all a very good hint that the new Macbook's are due next week !

I had a friend of mine go into an Apple reseller to order a mid range macbook with bigger hard drive, and he was told that the arrival time of his Macbook shipping was unknown at this stage due to a "constraint" .......

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
Jonnyfive, when did you order yours ?

What im trying to say is, what if you were to order one today or tommorow ? Wonder what they will say, will they say no ?

If they were to say no, like they did to my friend yesterday, that means there is definately something coming next week ?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Jonnyfive, when did you order yours ?

What im trying to say is, what if you were to order one today or tommorow ? Wonder what they will say, will they say no ?

If they were to say no, like they did to my friend yesterday, that means there is definately something coming next week ?

What do you mean, "say no;" Apple doesn't say no. That would have no meaning as to updates anyway. Apple has no problem selling people current models on Monday and the new ones the day after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.