Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ironic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
In my MBA!
Spoke to a Geek squad manager at BB, I was asking about the battery for a macbook air,

He said all 3 macbooks will be refreshed from the ground up, news should be her by Oct 14th, and will be shipping a week later"

They were issued new macbook numbers, however he would not tell me more,

Everyone Keep faith. I am holding off buying too.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Spoke to a Geek squad manager at BB, I was asking about the battery for a macbook air,

He said all 3 macbooks will be refreshed from the ground up, news should be her by Oct 14th, and will be shipping a week later"

They were issued new macbook numbers, however he would not tell me more...

BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING.

Best Buy drones are idiots. Apple tells them nothing. Once in a while we see the new model numbers leaked in corporate documents, but if he had them, someone else would have posted them by now.

mavherzog

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2005
Columbus, WI
Look at OP.
See "newbie".
Move on.

Am I being an elitist? Phht.
Yes, you are.

Not that I believe the OP at all...but I would think that if we DID get some real juicy info, it would likely come from a newly-created account (probably from a public kiosk), registered with a throw-away gmail/hotmail/yahoo/etc email account, in an effort by the poster to guard their anonymity.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
Yes, you are.

Not that I believe the OP at all...but I would think that if we DID get some real juicy info, it would likely come from a newly-created account (probably from a public kiosk), registered with a throw-away gmail/hotmail/yahoo/etc email account, in an effort by the poster to guard their anonymity.

What good is that info unless is it can be substantiated? I've got nothing against newbies, except when it comes to 'breaking' believable news. Might as well get another quote from your local Best Buy.

Again: pfft.

BanjoBanker

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Mt Brook, AL
I doubt very much the Air is in the loop for a "complete" update. Maybe a processor speed bump, or hard drive capacity increase. The MacBooks are due however, and there should be some interesting news on them. Shame I have no need for an upgrade! I just bought a 15" MBP for my wife, so I am at my Apple max for 2008. :eek:

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Sadly, Geek Squad "agents" have a tendency to be complete morons in my experience....

They read MacRumors, sorry bud ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.