Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhone developer Hudson is giving away three of its iPhone games this week as a promotion for the Tokyo Game Show 2008.

The free games include:

Aqua Forest ($7.99 -> Free) - particle-based physics game
Catch The Egg ($3.99 -> Free) - accelerometer-based game to catch a falling egg
NeoSameGame ($3.99 -> Free) - puzzle game

The promotion ends October 12th, so get them while you can.

Aqua Forest is the most popular of the three and offers a very impressive physics engine:

Article Link

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Good deal!

Awesome!! downloading Aqua Forest now:)

Edit: Thank goodness I didn't buy it last week :S 7.99 and now free, wow.

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
damn im a sucker for anything on the app store that goes from a fee to FREE!... i dont even know what the things are but i download them... haha .. anyway cant complain for free downloading all three right now.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Aqua Forest looks like any one of them awesome 'falling sand' games. Which are bloody addictive as hell on a PC. Hope it works well on my iPod Touch!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
am i not getting something but i watched the youtube video and have no idea what the purpose of that game :confused:

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
I'm having trouble with "Make a road" on Category C.

Nevermind... I didn't realize I could change the tools.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Aqua Forest is the only one worth keeping. Actually, I can't speak for the egg-toss game. I didn't download it after I saw that it had 1.5 stars. Aqua Forest isn't really a game though. It's a flippin' sweet physics engine. That other puzzle game is confusing. It's hard to measure up to something as phenomenal as Trism.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
App Store Down?

is the app store down? My Iphone is getting the "cannot connect to iTunes Store" error message? I don't have iTunes at work so I'm trying to download these free apps thru my Iphone. Anybody else having the same problem?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
You know what's odd? I've been watching apps on appshopper.com for a few days now, and these three apps have gone from free to FEE to free back and forth several times. It is very confusing. I saw it was free and went to go buy it, and it cost money again. I almost clicked through and paid, which would have sucked. Then today I got it free. I don't really get it though. It's just a simulation? I thought it was a game? After drawing some water, it slowed down to the point of not being usable.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
lol how many objects did you add?

I'm also getting extremely low framerates. The point is, the programmers should have put a limit on the number of "particles" (for lack of a better word) so that the game always runs smoothly.

Back to playing Galcon Lite I guess. :D

diogenis

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
Nice apps, enjoyed the egg catch, but its got a mistake:
In tutorial it says that the bigger the egg the faster it falls from the sky, which is a very common mistake done by people that refuse to understand the law of gravity. In reality, it's NOT the mass that affects speed, but height.
That means for this game that either they chose to represent different heights and same size eggs, depicting this with smaller graphic on begining of the fall (in which case smaller=means higher= faster) or they choose same heights and forget about it all over, but they fix it :p

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Why does aqua forest look so fuzzy? The text is clear but the game graphics look like they've been smeared with Vaseline!

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

The links don't work!!

At least on the iPhone, the commission links are broken and won't open App Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.