Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Every now and again my Macbook will wake with the lid closed.
For Example
Last night I closed the lid, Macbook sleeps. About 20 minutes later the apple logo turns on for a few seconds, then off for about 15 seconds, then back on for a few and it sounds like it accesses the Superdrive, which is empty, then it goes off. This has happened several times. So I went through my power settings and turned off Wake by Network which is on by default. Is there anything else I should look for?

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
Every now and again my Macbook will wake with the lid closed.
For Example
Last night I closed the lid, Macbook sleeps. About 20 minutes later the apple logo turns on for a few seconds, then off for about 15 seconds, then back on for a few and it sounds like it accesses the Superdrive, which is empty, then it goes off. This has happened several times. So I went through my power settings and turned off Wake by Network which is on by default. Is there anything else I should look for?

I believe there are settings like 'Allow Bluetooth devices to wake from sleep' etc .. Don't have a Mac to test it on right now, but try searching the entire System Preferences panel.

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
I believe there are settings like 'Allow Bluetooth devices to wake from sleep' etc .. Don't have a Mac to test it on right now, but try searching the entire System Preferences panel.

That would make sense since I do have bluetooth mouse. I did not see it in the energy settings, but I will check the bluetooth settings when I get home.

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Found it in the bluetooth menu, and it was on (Wake on bluetooth activity)
We will find out tonight if thats it.

doubleohseven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
The same thing happens to my MacBook when I turn off my Mighty Mouse or take it out of range from the MacBook. It wakes and has 'Connection Lost' on the screen. Do you ever get that message on the screen after it wakes?

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
The same thing happens to my MacBook when I turn off my Mighty Mouse or take it out of range from the MacBook. It wakes and has 'Connection Lost' on the screen. Do you ever get that message on the screen after it wakes?

Yeah, I get that message alot when I am in another room other than my bluetooth mouse, which is always on.

EDIT*
After several nights it has not waken after turning off wake via bluetooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.