Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldestmanalive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Heres my dillema, I can charge my touch with an aftermarket car holder thingy that plugs in the lighter and has a radio transmitter but when I use the usb cable I get no sync or charging. SO I cant put music on the stoopid thing.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
You need to post a lot more info than that buddy. Which iPod Touch do you have? Which version of the iPod software is installed? What computer and/or operating system are you trying to connect it to?

oldestmanalive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Ok, ipod touch 1st gen no volume buttons on side. software is ver 1.1.3 , XP on a PC and itunes tried at least three versions including the latest itunes. As well as trying aftermarket AC and DC chargers with multiple ipod usb cables, the only way I can charge my touch is with the car adapter that plugs into lighter and is a holder charger and fm transmitter.

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
Is it jailbroken?

You may want to plug it into another computer and see if it is recognized (try a Mac and PC if you can). Try a different USB port on your computer. If it gets power at ANY time, do a restore and try again.

If it does not work at another computer then take it to a Genius bar and see if they can fix it or replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.