PDA

View Full Version : My experience with the geniuses at apple.

greenday123
Oct 8, 2008, 07:57 PM
I see all these posts about people's bad experiences with Apple repairs and how their laptop came back worse than it was before and everything, i think thats gonna lead people to misjudge Apples amazing customer service so im gonna post my wonderful story with the genius bar.

So my black macbook was acting up, the optical drive would not burn dvds and it wouldnt even recognize blank cds. Also i had a crack on my top case so that needed to be replaced also.

So i went to my nearest apple store (Rockaway, NJ) and explained the problem and they agreed with me that the optical drive and top case needed to be replaced. So they told me it would be 4 to 5 days to repair the machine. Okay great.

So ive been using a windows machine for the past 4 days :(

Well yesterday i got an email from Apple that my repair was complete and i was amazed that they ordered the two parts and got them there and installed them in 3 days. I picked up my precious macbook today and wow.

They replaced only the top case but the whole casing feels like its brand new! It feels like it just took it out of the box brand new! And i booted it up popped in a blank cd it recognized it and i burned a cd perfectly! It feels like i just got the laptop all over again. I am so impressed with apples service i didn't expect it to be this great after reading all these posts about how bad of an experience people have had with apple!

Great job Apple, keep it up!

max1018
Oct 9, 2008, 03:55 PM
I always look at it this way - the people who get really good service, which is probably the majority, will go on their way and usually wont feel the need to talk about their experiences. The one's who have a bad experience will look for somewhere to vent, hence the number of posts on those bad experiences will be higher than ones like yours.

Good to hear you had great service, proves not everyone has trouble :)