PDA

View Full Version : How to get this to a JPEG

Toeknee
Jan 27, 2004, 01:30 PM
I was surfing the web looking for backgrounds and I came across this one of the guts of a TiBook. http://www.macdesktops.com/index.phtml?Picture=2064&res=TRUE Where I work at we deal with xrays and stuff so its not that hard to see how they did this. My question is how did he/she convert the x-ray film into a jpeg or some image file? Any ideas? A co-worker and I would like to do this same thing with our AlBooks. (pretty much same layout of the guts though). THANKS!

Mr. Anderson
Jan 27, 2004, 01:32 PM
I could think of several ways - the easiest would be to just take a digital picture of it with a digital camera - when its being backlit.

Also, there are digital x-rays, although I'm not sure they're that big.

D

Toeknee
Jan 27, 2004, 01:35 PM
HMMM true.. didnt think of that. I guess next time we go check an x-ray machine we'll give it a go. Gracias.

iGav
Jan 27, 2004, 01:51 PM
A scanner with a tranny hood as well.... that'd be even easier... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jan 27, 2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by iGAV
A scanner with a tranny hood as well.... that'd be even easier... ;)

all depends - in most cases, a digital camera is easier to find than a large format transparency scanner.

D

jxyama
Jan 27, 2004, 03:09 PM
probably not a digital x-ray imagers... there aren't many that big (i work with prototypes...), 30 x 40 cm is about the biggest you can get and those are darn expensive...

i'd think any radiology/radiation oncology department would have a scanner for the film. that would certainly be a lot clearer than taking a digital pic.

Toeknee
Jan 27, 2004, 03:30 PM
We have tried before scanning an x-ray but it was to dim to pick anything up. So yeah we'd have to check with the dept. if they had one that was designated for film.

slowtreme
Jan 27, 2004, 04:59 PM
I had a slew of Xrays just a few weeks ago. 3 images, and they probably took each one 3 times, I thought wow that must be a fortune in film.

Nope, it was 100% digital, there was no film, no development time. The images were of my entire UpperGI. This is easily the size of a TiBook.

Laslo Panaflex
Jan 27, 2004, 05:06 PM
Forgive my ignorance on Xray technology, but can't you get that same effect when you send your luggage through the scanners at airports?

Toeknee
Jan 27, 2004, 05:42 PM
Yeah well we are already working in hospitals so the machines are right there. Not to mention I don't think the TSA would give those images away.

Deefuzz
Jan 27, 2004, 06:40 PM
that's really nice. I haven't seen anything like that before...I would love a blueprint type pic of the guts of a PB also