PDA

View Full Version : Can't purchase Brothers and Sisters season 2 in HD, despite being shown in Search?

Kardashian
Oct 9, 2008, 07:44 AM
If I do a TV show search in iTunes for Brothers and Sisters, its bring up Season 2 in HD - you can even preview it.

But, rather than having a Buy button, it has "View Description''. When you press this, you are taken to the Show description, but the show is priced at $1.99 and is in SD -- not HD as in the Search Results.

Anyone know why? Or how I can buy it? I'd like HD to match my Season 3.

alphaod
Oct 9, 2008, 09:43 AM
I don't think that show was released in HD for Seasons 1 and 2 on iTunes. If you look at the search results—none of the HD episodes have prices next to them which means they will probably be released soon (or maybe later). As you know the iTunes store tends to show HD and Plus over the regular versions, so that's probably why. If you want HD you will have to wait. If you note, only episode 5 of season 2 titled "Domestic Issues", is available in the search with a price.

Kardashian
Oct 9, 2008, 05:13 PM
If you note, only episode 5 of season 2 titled "Domestic Issues", is available in the search with a price.

Yes, that's my point.

Does that mean they are uploading the HD versions currently? If so, I will wait - its not as though they will sell one episode in HD and the rest in SD.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't notice that Ep. 5 was actually available in HD -- nice find.

EricNau
Oct 9, 2008, 05:14 PM
Great choice in show by the way. ;) :)

Kardashian
Oct 9, 2008, 05:16 PM
Great choice in show by the way. ;) :)

Absolutely love it :)

I've met Kevin, BTW. He came to meet my Grandfather so I HAD to meet him!

Also <3 Supernatural.

Kardashian
Oct 9, 2008, 05:47 PM
If you note, only episode 5 of season 2 titled "Domestic Issues", is available in the search with a price.

OK, I've gone and checked this, and it's not showing up with a price - only a button that takes you to the description page, where it is again priced at £1.99, but labelled as being HD in the Search results.

They must be encoding them into HD or something.. :confused: