Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

retrograde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I've never had this problem with a monitor before but my new iMac 20" screen makes me sick-- kindof woozy as in motion sickness. I think the display must be slightly off- concave or something. I don't think I will be able to use this computer! Does anyone else notice this? I don't think it's the gloss (which I hate).

Thanks in advance.

G5power

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
Assuming you had the opportunity to look at one or more display units of a 20 inch iMac, how do they compare to the one you have?

I have a 24 instead of the 20 and other then the adjustment to the glossy screen I love the display.

retrograde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I haven't had the opportunity to sit and work at another 20" iMac display (it would take 10-15 minutes to really feel sick!). I should try to do that to figure out if mine is flawed or if this is a characteristic of all of them. Perhaps the 24" is better quality.

G5power

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
Also have you tried adjusting the light levels and angle at the location where you are using the iMac?

I'm fairly sensitive to light and that makes a difference for me.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Adjust the contrast a bit, and play around with the tilt and seating position.

If you sit too high or too low, or have the tilt wrong ... there will be a visible difference between the top and the bottom of the screen.

Adjusting the contrast, and choosing a background to minimize how much you notice it will help a lot, as does adjusting the chair height and screen tilt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.