Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evan g

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I hope it's a completely different game than Halo 3...

evan g

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Well lord knows that Bungie would still reel in the $$ even if it was DLC

sangosimo

Sep 11, 2008
bungie needs to do something other then halo development. There are only so many times you can finish the fight.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
If its anything like Halo 3 then they can keep it. Since this is a standalone I'm hoping/demanding a full blown campaign and none of that McDonald's happy meal to go crap...unless its under $30.00

Bless

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Good God no!

*sits Bungie down*

You had a really good run with Marathon *Bungie giggles*, you made a thoroughly enjoyable game with Halo 1. You effed up Halo 2 and told us 3 would be akin to 1. You lied and I no longer trust you since you seem hellbent on bad stories now and seemingly putting all your effort into a bland, basic multiplayer experience. Let the series die a respectable death, or simply put it on hold for many years! Bungie you unimaginative bunch you.

Recon looks better than Halo 3. But I still don't trust them to deliver a quality game.

sangosimo

Sep 11, 2008
I think msft commissioned this, so why would bungie walkaway from so much dough when they have nothing else on the table.

yrsonicdeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
As much as it seems to be the unpopular stance here, I will admit I am a Halo junkie. I mostly play on live though. The campaign in Halo CE was excellent though, I didn't really care for the other two.

evan g

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Well I was hoping they would switch stuff up a bit maybe with third person view, a cover system, no crazy shield, super high jumping etc... I mean I can really see this one failing if they just make a marine with all the super abilities (well the might make him jump lower) as master cheif.

yrsonicdeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Well I was hoping they would switch stuff up a bit maybe with third person view, a cover system, no crazy shield, super high jumping etc... I mean I can really see this one failing if they just make a marine with all the super abilities (well the might make him jump lower) as master cheif.

I could see myself enjoying a game as a marine, but it wouldn't quite be Halo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.