haiggy
Jan 28, 2004, 12:24 AM
What's the problem? I would die to get my hands on one of those puppies. :D

gwuMACaddict
Jan 28, 2004, 08:34 AM
that's beautiful man, beautiful

edesignuk
Jan 28, 2004, 08:42 AM
er...yeah...ok http://upload.edesignuk.net/uploaded_data/smilies/punchinface.gif

ExoticFish
Jan 28, 2004, 10:07 AM
listen if you don't want that impressive piece of hardware i'll take it off your hands. pm me and i'll send you my shippinf address. heck, i'll even pay for shipping! :) ;)

stoid
Jan 28, 2004, 11:33 AM
Having used Carrara (version 2) I can tell you that the rendering engines suck major balls when it comes to speed and efficiency. Granted, they do put out a fine looking image. I read that version 3 has a greatly enhanced and optimized rendering engine. Which version are you using?

lem0nayde
Jan 28, 2004, 11:53 AM
Carrara version 3. I can't tell if it is my Mac or the rendering engine that is the problem. It does pretty renders, but it literally took 3 days for my last image to render.

As for my poem, I mostly like my G5 - but I had to make a silly rant after screaming and tearing up my knuckles trying to get the harddrives out. I've had to remove them several times, in order to move the heat sensor to the correct location - and every time they are a nightmare to get out of there.

Not sure what Apple was thinking, but apparently they only focused on the ease of sliding them into the plastic rack, and not on the fact that once in, you need to use pliers (yes, I resorted to pliers) to get them out. That is, after you wait for them to cool from their 600 degree temperature.

The machine is pretty fast though, I'll admit. Especially when copying files and doing some things in Photoshop (like painting with brushes that are 1000pixels in diameter.)

I just wish it really FELT like the fastest computer in the world...instead it just feels like a pretty fast mac.

If I could only get the money back and have something in the interim...I would use the money to buy the next revision, which I am sure will address a lot of these issues. Wish I had a spare mac lying around. Maybe I will look on ebay...