Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobbyboulders

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Really?! huh...i thought the quality would suck....

Good to know! I dont really watch tv...so i dont have a kick ass tv (or a tv..), so i was debating whether or not i should pick up a 360 (cuz i thought the graphics wouldnt look that great on a monitor).

But i guess i'll pick up that vga cable.

thanks guys!!!

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Really?! huh...i thought the quality would suck....

Good to know! I dont really watch tv...so i dont have a kick ass tv (or a tv..), so i was debating whether or not i should pick up a 360 (cuz i thought the graphics wouldnt look that great on a monitor).

But i guess i'll pick up that vga cable.

thanks guys!!!

Why would it suck. Most computer monitors have higher def than TVs. I say do it! Get a nice monitor.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Why would it suck. Most computer monitors have higher def than TVs. I say do it! Get a nice monitor.

The monitor has nothing to do with the quality of the image when its coming from a device that can output no more than 1080p (upscaled/native) and has most games that are nowhere near 1080p native.

The degradation in quality would be the 360, in fact it would be a complete waste to connect it to a device that is capable of far superior resolutions.

Get a cheap Vizio LCD, or a small plasma since most big box stores are pricing plasmas to get rid of the stock and go with LCD only.

If you actually thought a better display would net you better graphics than what the 360 could output... bless. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.