PDA

View Full Version : Digi 002 console with control for DP 5.13

wilmor42
Oct 10, 2008, 05:30 PM
Im looking to get a digi 002 console but i've realised that there may be an issue with controlling DP or any DAW except protools - an unsurprising design implementation from the guys over at digidesign, nice one..

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone here had any experience with this issue and may have a solution. I understand that the 002 will work in DP as an interface using the digi core audio driver but i really want the capability of controlling more sequencers other than Protools..

help!

wilmor42
Oct 13, 2008, 07:05 PM
no need to reply.. found out on my own..

cschreppel
Oct 13, 2008, 10:31 PM
Hi there,

Sorry that no one got back to you. Yes, you are correct that the Digi 002 (or 003) console will NOT be able to control DP. It can be used as an interface like you mentioned, but the control surface will not work.

I would suggest looking into purchasing a 002 or 003 rack and getting something along the lines of a Mackie Control Universal and using it to control your software. That control surface will work with both Pro Tools and DP.

Just out of curiosity, are you looking to get the 002/003 because you need Pro Tools as well? If you're not planning on using Pro Tools, I would suggest looking into an interface that isn't to proprietary.