PDA

View Full Version : Shatner's newest commercial, not superball funny, but funny anyway.


srobert
Jan 28, 2004, 01:16 PM
I like it :D

http://www.priceline.com/promo/shatner_return.asp

Mr. Anderson
Jan 28, 2004, 01:17 PM
'But who could possibly replace me?!?!?'

Classic!

It would have been even funnier if they had manage to get Ricardo Montalban - but that would have been too obscure for most people.

D

srobert
Jan 28, 2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
It would have been even funnier if they had manage to get Ricardo Montalban - but that would have been too obscure for most people.


hehehe... or Doohan... but I'm not sure he wants to be associated in any way with Shatner anymore. Those two should really make peace.

srobert
Jan 28, 2004, 01:22 PM
Speaking of Nimoy... maybe he should capitalize on the whole Tolkien craze and re-release his old music video:

http://homepage.mac.com/evanbaumgardner/iMovieTheater6.html

Scary.... *shivers*

Mr. Anderson
Jan 28, 2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by srobert
Speaking of Nimoy... maybe he should capitalize on the whole Tolkien craze and re-release his old music video:


That's so painful - I can't imagine even back then, that it wasn't looked at as lame :eek:

Then there is also Shatner's Tambourine man song....:D

D

Raid
Jan 28, 2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
'But who could possibly replace me?!?!?'

Classic!

It would have been even funnier if they had manage to get Ricardo Montalban - but that would have been too obscure for most people.

D

:D :D :D KAHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that would be superbowl funny. :D

rainman::|:|
Jan 28, 2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by srobert
Speaking of Nimoy... maybe he should capitalize on the whole Tolkien craze and re-release his old music video:

http://homepage.mac.com/evanbaumgardner/iMovieTheater6.html

Scary.... *shivers*

someone's going to have to explain this one to me, or my brain is going to explode.

in other words...
what...the...holy...hell?!?

paul

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 28, 2004, 06:01 PM
Nimoy and Shatner both had albums but they never went Gold if you know what i mean. they were better at acting.

MrMacMan
Jan 28, 2004, 11:02 PM
You have to love how the 'online exclusive' 60 second ad isn't even up... pfft

Originally posted by Raid
:D :D :D KAHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that would be superbowl funny. :D

Don't you mean...

KAAAAHHHHHNNNN!!!!


haha, anyone have that clip around?

Its great...

:D

LethalWolfe
Jan 28, 2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
someone's going to have to explain this one to me, or my brain is going to explode.

in other words...
what...the...holy...hell?!?

paul


Don't you mean [James T. Kirk] Spock...Whatthe...holyhell...areyoudoing? [/James T. Kirk]

:D

Lethal

MrMacMan
Jan 30, 2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by LethalWolfe
Don't you mean [James T. Kirk] Spock...Whatthe...holyhell...areyoudoing? [/James T. Kirk]

:D

Lethal

Yes...

Shatner... muststagger...hiswordsina...sentence...Iwish...hetook...speechinhii...school.

;)


Ever hear him sing?


Ahhh my ears!!!


:p

srobert
Jan 30, 2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Ever hear him sing?


I found the Shatner-Rap version of slim shady he did for Matt Groening's Futurama amusing. Here is the mp3:

> Click to listen < (http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/4ACV11/13.mp3)

And here another sound extract. Non-musical but helarious:

>_Click me for funny sound < (http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/4ACV11/01.mp3)

The mp3 is hosted on "Can't Get Enough Futurama" The best futurama site out there. Thank you guys.

jrv3034
Jan 30, 2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
Nimoy and Shatner both had albums but they never went Gold if you know what i mean. they were better at acting.

They were acting? When?!:eek:

srobert
Jan 30, 2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by jrv3034
They were acting? When?!:eek:

Well, he "acted" in the funny movie called "Free Enterprise". Well... he actually played himself. I liked the part when the guys meet him in a bookstroe reading porn. When Shatner realized that the guys have connection in the film business he pitches his pet project to them, a musical version of Julius Caesar in which Shatner plays all the parts. That's sooo Shatner. I love it ^_^ He used to be egocentric and self imbued but he turned out quite good in the last 10 years.

MrMacMan
Jan 31, 2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by srobert
I found the Shatner-Rap version of slim shady he did for Matt Groening's Futurama amusing. Here is the mp3:

> Click to listen < (http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/4ACV11/13.mp3)

And here another sound extract. Non-musical but helarious:

>_Click me for funny sound < (http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/4ACV11/01.mp3)

The mp3 is hosted on "Can't Get Enough Futurama" The best futurama site out there. Thank you guys.

damn non direct linking... you have to go to their site first...
bah.


KKAAAHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!