Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakfrost

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Ontario Canada
iPhoto's 'email' tool...results in the photo showing up at much less resolution than when I send it, i.e. when the option box comes up and I select 'actual size' it says 2.6Mb for example, and when my friend receives it, it is only 1.3 one time and .4Mg the next time...every time is different.

What's up with that?

When he sends it back to me using the exact same method it comes in at the same file size as when he sent it, i.e. 2.6Mg.

J/w

Pomeroy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Missouri
Try this. When your Email opens up with the photo in it, look at the bottom right corner of your email and select the size you want to send it as.

jakfrost

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Ontario Canada
Try this. When your Email opens up with the photo in it, look at the bottom right corner of your email and select the size you want to send it as.

Ha, ha, thats funny, not the information....the fact that I was just coming on the board to post that I had just noticed this little tiny box in the bottom right hand corner of the email 'new message' page...and what do I see? 'Pomeroy' had posted the exact same thing!
Seems that even if you click on 'actual file size' in the first option box it is overridden by the selection box in the bottom right corner of the email page. Duhh...

Thanks for the quick help!

Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.