PDA

View Full Version : Apple at E3

arn
May 31, 2002, 08:02 AM
Apple posts about E3 2002 (http://www.apple.com/games/e3/2002/) (Electronic Entertainment Expo).

E3 took place from May 22-24. Apple's page hilights some Mac games and developers with respect to Mac OS X and it's ease of development.

nickgold
May 31, 2002, 08:50 AM
these days is Tranquility. Very unique, and addictive! www.tqworld.com is the developer's URL. They let you play one free level a day, among other free features. $24 gets you a lifetime subscription to the service (as the "browser" you use to play the game actually downloads custom-made levels for you each time you play). It is very "simple," so many people who aren't even normally into games can get into it, I would say. Sort of like Tetris,a lthought he game itself plays very differently.

MM2270
May 31, 2002, 09:37 AM
Yes, Tranquility is a very unique game indeed! It's unlike anything out there really. It's fun not knowing what to expect when you make it out of one realm and into the next realm! Another thing that's cool about this game is how the progress is stored on thier servers. That means I can play the game anywhere I have a Mac capable of playing it and and Internet connection, such as work (after hours of course ;) and at home! I like to check on my progress from time to time by looking at my TQCards. Sort of like collectiing baseball cards or something. They've recently made some improvements to the game engine. Now it has waterfall effects and gardated backgrounds which really add to the experience and mystique of the game.

All in all, Tranquility is a fun diversion from the glut of shoot-em-ups and other stuff out there. Not that I don't like those games too, just that they get tiring after a while...

Backtothemac
May 31, 2002, 03:50 PM
I personally cannot wait for the new Star Wars Games. I just hope that they run well on my iMac. It will be neat to see the direction that games will go over the next 5 years. Much more interactive, and should allow for the player to decide more of the outcome of the game.

icetraxxg5
May 31, 2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
I personally cannot wait for the new Star Wars Games. I just hope that they run well on my iMac. It will be neat to see the direction that games will go over the next 5 years. Much more interactive, and should allow for the player to decide more of the outcome of the game.

I wonder if StarWars Galaxies will ever come to the mac? It is going into public beta soon! If you don't know what StarWars Galaxies is, it is a online StarWars game that will be VERY COOL.

You would think it would come to the mac because George Lucas and Lucas films uses macs, right? (I dunno about Lucas Arts though since they make video games)

Mr. Anderson
May 31, 2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

I totally agree. That's what Halo was supposed to do, but M$ and its $$$ bought out Bungie, so we'll be waiting a while for that one and it might not be what was originally expected.

But as for the StarWars Games, do you use a joy stick or just the mouse on those? I might get one of the new ones, loved the movie, but I don't have a joy stick and wondered if you really need it.

emdezet
Jun 1, 2002, 03:17 AM
You guys, I just read the most marvelous wonderous thing:

Aspyr are porting Lucas Arts' "Jedi Knight II: Outcast" TO THE MAC !!!!
YIPPPPIEE!

Afer all these years, in which we only got the kiddie **** like "Gungan Frontier", "Droids Works" or "Pit Droids", finally we will see the LIGHT(saber) again!

OK, I also liked "Pod Racer", I am looking forward to "Galactic Battlegrounds", "Star Wars Galaxies" and what have you. But to be able to wield the Jedi Weapon in a QuakeIII-VR...oh, I'm so happy - glorious day!

I think I'll go and install "Dark Forces" again. Anyone know, if it runs on MacOS9.22 ?