Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jocab64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2008
After encoding a movie in HB and tagging with metax I import all my movies into itunes for use on my apple tv. When in list view in itunes, only movies that have been tagged using the "short description" field in metax show any information. The ones that I tagged using long description have the information embedded (as evident when I go to show description and on my apple tv) but it won't show on the description line in itunes. Is this a limitation of itunes or am i missing something?

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
So they don't show up in itunes AND on the apple tv? or just itunes?

If you look at their properties inside itunes does it show up in the description box?

jocab64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2008
it shows on my apple tv just fine, it's when I'm in itunes list view that the information doesn't show. When right click and "show description" the information does show up in the pop-up window just not on the line when the window is closed.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
it shows on my apple tv just fine, it's when I'm in itunes list view that the information doesn't show. When right click and "show description" the information does show up in the pop-up window just not on the line when the window is closed.

There is an Applescript you can get that will make it appear in the iTunes window... I use it for any encode that uses the long description field. I think this one is the one that I use:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=showdescription

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.