PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to MWNY?

teabgs
May 31, 2002, 09:54 AM
Just wondering if anyone here is planing to goto MWNY? I think I'm gonna go. In fact I plan to goto the keynote. not sure if I can get updates here live...

DavidOS
May 31, 2002, 10:09 AM
Ha! You know what would be great? You should yell "GO MACRUMORS" really loud just after all Steve's clapping stops at the beggining - we can all hear you on the webcast!

teabgs
May 31, 2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by DavidOS
Ha! You know what would be great? You should yell "GO MACRUMORS" really loud just after all Steve's clapping stops at the beggining - we can all hear you on the webcast!

hehe...I don't want to get myself kicked out though... Not sure if that would get me in trouble or not.

Maybe a "show me the G5" though it wont happen...
:mad:

I've never been to an Expo before so I'm really excited :D

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 10:54 AM
it's a lot of fun. if my job (assuming i get one by then) allows it, i'll be there

paying for keynote or tricking them into thinking you're press or what?

Macmaniac
May 31, 2002, 11:03 AM
I am going to MWNY, I won't see the keynote though. I will do my best to post pictures while I'm there, and I will have a highlights movie a few days later! As soon as my day orders tickets its high ho MWNY! I will also try to visit the new apple store in SoHo. I will do my best to keep you up to date!

britboy
May 31, 2002, 11:25 AM
I'm not going to be able to go to, but there's something i've been curious about: are mac expos airport enabled? I mean, do apple put a bunch of atenae in and around the area, so that people with their laptops can connect to the internet whilst at the expo? It'd be a cool feature to have ;) :p

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by britboy
I'm not going to be able to go to, but there's something i've been curious about: are mac expos airport enabled? I mean, do apple put a bunch of atenae in and around the area, so that people with their laptops can connect to the internet whilst at the expo? It'd be a cool feature to have ;) :p

i'm pretty sure they are, at least within a certain area. probably not in the whole massive place...

eyelikeart
May 31, 2002, 11:52 AM
when's the exact date again?

I have a ticket I plan to use this summer...and I haven't decided where I'm flying for *free* yet... ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 11:56 AM
keynote july 17.

show july 17-19.

get there!

Ensign Paris
May 31, 2002, 12:15 PM
I can't get to MWNY but I am going to AppleExpo: Paris and MacExpo: London, Will I see any of u there?

Ensign

teabgs
May 31, 2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
it's a lot of fun. if my job (assuming i get one by then) allows it, i'll be there

paying for keynote or tricking them into thinking you're press or what?

Was gonna try the press thing but....you have to get a letter from your boss and proof that youre really press (i.e. show work youve done previously)

So Im thinking of dishing out the $$$...there's a student discount so...

anyway, people from here that'll be there should get together...

jelloshotsrule
May 31, 2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by teabgs

So Im thinking of dishing out the $$$...there's a student discount so...

how much?

teabgs
May 31, 2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

how much?

not really sure...I gotta make sure I can go and not be at work first though....schedule is not made yet. If i'm suppossed to be working then I gotta get someone to cover me and there's only 2 other people besides me working the summer! argh!

theres always the live feed at the SoHo apple store which will be open by then....

jelloshotsrule
Jun 2, 2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
not really sure...I gotta make sure I can go and not be at work first though....schedule is not made yet. If i'm suppossed to be working then I gotta get someone to cover me and there's only 2 other people besides me working the summer! argh!

theres always the live feed at the SoHo apple store which will be open by then....

or via the net.....

pm me about that interview you had if you would..... eh?

Macmaniac
Jun 3, 2002, 10:53 AM
My dad is filling out the registration today!! I am really looking forward to it! If you want I can pick up posters and send them to people for a nominal fee.(Not sure if I can do this yet)

eyelikeart
Jun 3, 2002, 11:02 AM
well I don't think I can make it...

if Geek Fest is going to happen...it's going to fall right before those dates...hence I won't be able to have the funds to go out of town...:(

but if I'm lucky enough...I'll have a hell of a good time...he he he :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 3, 2002, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know how much it costs just to go one day to the show? Non-student...

szark
Jun 3, 2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Does anyone know how much it costs just to go one day to the show? Non-student...

Links to pricing (http://www.macworldexpo.com/macworldexpo/v31/index.cvn?ID=10010&p_navid=5) and discounts (http://www.macworldexpo.com/macworldexpo/v31/index.cvn?ID=10011&p_navid=5).

The cheapest non-discount price which includes the Keynote is $145 -- 2-Day Macworld/Users Conference -- if purchased before June 17.

Macmaniac
Jun 4, 2002, 06:44 AM
I got the early bird exhibit hall pass which is $15, can't see the keynote but I will be in at 10:30 sharp when they open for the public! I will get as many pictures as possible and post them as soon as I can. I will have a movie with highlights a few days later.