PDA

View Full Version : iMovie HD (6.0.4) and Quartz effects

MacMatthew
Oct 14, 2008, 10:35 AM
I am beyond frustrated.

I own an iMac Intel 2.1 Core Duo machine and I run iMovie HD (6.0.4) for home film editing. I am trying to use the Quartz Composer video effects.

The clip previews perfectly. When I click "apply" the red status bar begins and the clip washes out completely, removing the video portion of the clip, but leaving the audio intact. I can restore the clip to original, and retry and once in maybe fifteen tries, the effect will render the clip successfully. 95% of the time, however, the effect washes out the clip to white, leaving no image, rendered or otherwise.

I have re-installed iMovie HD, installed developer tools and Quartz Composer, updated all software, and still this happens.

What's going on? This computer is less than a year old.

Thanks in advance.

MiniExplorer
Oct 28, 2008, 01:30 AM
Don't worry, it's not your Mac's problem. It's iMovie I'm getting the same thing too. I can't apply effects although the preview shows it just the way I want it. I'm trying to make a flash effect at the exact point, but it appears later than the preview shows and I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm using iMovie HD 6.0.4. The Fast/Slow/Reverse effect didn't work for me either. The preview shows it as I intended it to be, but once the red bar is filled, there is only a black screen and when I play that clip, it shows the ending part.