Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barb G.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2004
I am looking to buy an Epson C84 printer to replace my C80, because I need to be able to print on custom paper size. I am running Panther and Epson customer service could not tell me if this function will work on the C84 under panther.

Does anybody know?

Is there another printer from Epson or Canon that could do this? (It has to stay under $200 though). I mostly print large (long) prints from Illustrator and Photoshop.

Any hints appreciated

Barb G.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
What sizes are you trying to print to? I have a C84 at home I can test out later. I can also bug my dad, he does a ton of long-format professional photo printing from his Epson Stylus Photo 2200, which I know is well out of your price range, but I know he prints stuff up to 39" long or so using Epson's drivers on his eMac.

Barb G.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2004
I print a lot of 8"x20" for example. I would also like to print some 7"x42".

My C80 works fine except for the paper sizes. Since it just ran out of ink and buying a new printer instead is not that much more money, I thought it might be the right way to go.

Thanks Barb G.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Ok, if you still need help in 8 hours or so I'll do some tests on my c84 when I get home tonight. I'll try to print some stuff at those dimensions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.