PDA

View Full Version : UK? Not happy waiting 3 weeks?

eshroom
Oct 15, 2008, 02:13 PM
Phone Apple and say you want to cancel. They will offer you 35, turn it down and they will offer you 50 cash back so as not to cancel.

I asked for 125... They said no. :o

Oh well, off to the Apple store tomorrow.

JRSimmons
Oct 15, 2008, 02:32 PM
Maybe an indication demand isn't meeting original expectations..?

Dave4
Oct 15, 2008, 02:35 PM
Really? see i do want my macbook even if it takes 3 weeks, but i'm a student and i'd never say no to 50 cash or even 50 itunes vouchers? Just phone them up saying your not happy about the time to wait?

My macbook is due on October 31st, not quite 3 weeks?

eshroom
Oct 15, 2008, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't be too sure. Apple stores around the country sold out today, with some selling out by midday!

eshroom
Oct 15, 2008, 02:40 PM
Really? see i do want my macbook even if it takes 3 weeks, but i'm a student and i'd never say no to 50 cash or even 50 itunes vouchers? Just phone them up saying your not happy about the time to wait?

My macbook is due on October 31st, not quite 3 weeks?

That's just wrong, mine was due November 4th and I ordered it the second the store re-opened. Yeh, just pretend you're cancelling. I'm a student too, but 3 weeks... I've already started the term without a laptop and deadlines are drawing nearer.

Dave4
Oct 15, 2008, 02:50 PM
That's just wrong, mine was due November 4th and I ordered it the second the store re-opened. Yeh, just pretend you're cancelling. I'm a student too, but 3 weeks... I've already started the term without a laptop and deadlines are drawing nearer.

Last year when i bought my aluminium iMac the day it came out, they initially quoted 7 days before dispatch and i received it after 3 so i wouldnt be surprised if it showed up early.