PDA

View Full Version : 101 Unuseless Japanese Inventions

iGav
Jan 30, 2004, 05:52 AM
The brolly one is quite cool.... :p

http://www.maillist.com.tw/maillist/file/osaki/20040111034221.html

pivo6
Jan 30, 2004, 06:45 AM
My fav is the all day tissue dispenser. I just like how inconspicuous it is. :p :p :D

Mr. Anderson
Jan 30, 2004, 07:03 AM
That subway head support thing (actually a couple of them) are just weird - and what's with all the suction cups?

Great stuff iGav, where do you find these things?

D

latergator116
Jan 30, 2004, 07:08 AM
hehe... I actually have that book.. dont remember where I got it. I like the mask that lets you smoke 16 cigarretes at once. "Now get empehzyma 16 times faster!"

jefhatfield
Jan 30, 2004, 07:31 AM
after world war II, japan was desperate to get back on track and become an industrialized nation of merchants

due to the intense competition that a small island nation can put on a person, the overall psyche was to build the better mousetrap and make some money and some of the inventions in the decades after the war were truly strange

wanting to shake offf the stigma of being just merely imitators of european and american inventiveness, the japanese tried everything to make their mark in the world, and as this thread shows, they often missed the mark but never stopped trying

i am glad that japan still has a spirit to invent and think outside the box because they would have never come up with pikachu, nintendo, or some of the world's coolest laptops...and the japanese look to invent in other areas where no one dares to expand and they have the most extensive array of adult toys and even entire hotels dedicated to the pursuit of those types of extracurricular activities...but i cannot and will not show links but i am sure igav can produce those:p

jrv3034
Jan 30, 2004, 08:19 AM
The noodle fan is my favorite, but as far as "useless inventions" go, I think the portable crosswalk wins. :D

That or the floss hand-cover.

srobert
Jan 30, 2004, 08:38 AM
The 101 AND 99 more are both available on Amazon fot those interested.

Great bathroom stuff.

Pseudonym
Jan 30, 2004, 09:06 AM
Don't you just love it when iGav has time on his hands!!

I liked the umbrella one. At first I thought it was only raining under her umbrella!

eyelikeart
Jan 30, 2004, 09:51 AM
haha...when I saw the topic...I knew it was u iGAV... ;)

I want a butter stick. :D

Deefuzz
Jan 30, 2004, 10:44 AM
Lol, those are a riot! The funny thing is that most of them I assume were for convenience, yet most of them just looked awkward and uncomfortable.

Fukui
Jan 30, 2004, 11:36 AM
Hey, dont diss the butter stick!

iAlan
Jan 30, 2004, 12:20 PM
Actually living in Tokyo I have 4 of the 101 items...guess which ones!!

Rower_CPU
Jan 30, 2004, 01:14 PM
Wow...

eyelikeart
Jan 30, 2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Wow...

hehe...u know...

put some trucks & wheels on that thing...and it also turns into a transportation device that u can flip a burger with... :D

jefhatfield
Jan 30, 2004, 01:38 PM
it should be called 102 useless items since igav originally found that handjobber thingy

sounds like a lot of fun

and i know...i know there ain't a man on this board who would not try that thing if left in a room with it in total privacy:p

TimDaddy
Jan 30, 2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by jrv3034
The noodle fan is my favorite, but as far as "useless inventions" go, I think the portable crosswalk wins. :D

What if the guy unrolling for you gets mowed down before he gets across the street?

iGav
Jan 30, 2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by TimDaddy
What if the guy unrolling for you gets mowed down before he gets across the street?

they're probably already thinking up an invention to stop that happening as well! :p

wdlove
Jan 30, 2004, 07:48 PM
Serveral of them would be great for us Boston Comuters on the MBTA.

How do you upload more than one jpg?

G4scott
Jan 30, 2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
it should be called 102 useless items since igav originally found that handjobber thingy

I don't think anyone could ever forget that thing...

eww.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

bannedagain
Jan 30, 2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Wow...
Wow indeed, the worlds largest multi-tool. Some of those inventions atruley bizzar.

Powerbook G5
Jan 30, 2004, 11:15 PM
Damn, now that is one insane swiss army knife!

Nermal
Jan 31, 2004, 12:28 AM
Thanks, I haven't had a good laugh like that in ages :)

Mudbug
Jan 31, 2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by wdlove
Serveral of them would be great for us Boston Comuters on the MBTA.

How do you upload more than one jpg?

you need to link to the multiple files - this version of the bb software only supports 1 upload at a time, but multiple linked [img] tags.

and back to the topic... I would hate to be the guy using the swiss army farmhand's helper to hoe an entire field. Can you imagine the weight of that thing?

Pseudonym
Jan 31, 2004, 02:33 AM
You should see the size of the Swiss soldier whose knife that is:D

Supa_Fly
Jan 31, 2004, 03:15 AM
iGav your insane to find stuff like this, but its fun stuff. I like.

My favorite, since I lived in a ghetto of sorts when I was young, is the "Roach Killa" seems like it hinders on the Raid patent!!:D

MrMacMan
Feb 1, 2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
haha...when I saw the topic...I knew it was u iGAV... ;)

I want a butter stick. :D
Indeed once I saw 'unuseless' it was him...

A butter glue stick... wow.

Thats wwaayy nasty.