Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jas210

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
I made a post a few days ago re: exchanging my 4 day old macbook pro for one of the new models.. SO...i went to the apple store here in town with my macbook pro 2.4 ghz (unopened) and proceeded to return for the new pro.. Well, the apple genius assigned to me was very rude from the get go. He brought the wrong model of the pro and when i asked for the correct one...he told me that they were "all out" .. I was shocked by his attitude ..so he then brought me a macbook 2.4 ghz model..i was awed!!! the box is SMALL...!!! I liked the specs on the macbook after all.. then i also picked up a 16 gb ipod touch :D:D:D i still have 100 credit !!! So I W A S allowed to return for the new model...nothing wrong with that ..

i included some pics

Attachments

• DSC01630.JPG
    DSC01630.JPG
    889 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC01631.JPG
    DSC01631.JPG
    843.2 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC01633.JPG
    DSC01633.JPG
    869.3 KB · Views: 138

jas210

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
A W E S O M E !!!!

I also mentioned that i got an ipod touch 32g??? i never had an ipod (i know..) but this is what apple is all about :) I was at barnes and nobles and of course.. people came around me by the flocks :) .... i love this thing...! And i came from the macbook pro side... !!! i am glad i got this before they sold out at the applestore.. the trackpad feels soooo good to use.. it feels like the ipod touch screen.. i posted more pics for ya'll!!! i will be more than happy (and honored) to answer ANY questions and post pics that ya'll want to hold those people over until their baby is delivered home (or until ya'll decide to throw some money into the Economy) let me know !!!
:apple::apple::apple::):apple::apple::apple:

Attachments

• DSC01648.JPG
    DSC01648.JPG
    826.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC01634.JPG
    DSC01634.JPG
    829.1 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC01647.JPG
    DSC01647.JPG
    806.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC01641.JPG
    DSC01641.JPG
    678.9 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC01645.JPG
    DSC01645.JPG
    793.5 KB · Views: 132

ohemetophobia

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
I think you got an absolutely fantastic deal!

The 2.4 GHz MacBook has specs that are certainly comparable to the previous generation Pro model, with a little bit compromised in terms of screen size and... well... firewire. But as far as processor and graphics, you've got basically the same thing, plus you scored an iPod touch (and THEN some). Great move.

How does the NVIDIA seem on the MacBook? Have you tried any games or any memory-intensive software? I'm interested to try that out when mine comes in the mail (hopefully tomorrow or Friday).

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
no the screen is sunk slightly. there is a small rubber ring around the whole screen. its what keeps the screen from rubbing the bottom case.

( i got the macbook today too:D)

thank god there's something there to absorb impact from closing it

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
how is the glossiness of the screen? dont know if you can compare but is it worse than the old plastic macbook?

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
how is the glossiness of the screen? dont know if you can compare but is it worse than the old plastic macbook?

IMO my old macbook had a werid glossy screen. it was like bad plastic and to me the screen wasnt bright at all. the new ones are too bright almost. i keep it 3 notches down from max. i put it next to my SR LED MBP matte, both with full brightness and it matched it well.

gotta say the glass and glossy is nice. havent used it outdoors but it seems like it should be fine.

my 2 cents:)

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
Congrats on the exchange. But if I were you, I would have just settled for a MacBook Pro (the new one), and nothing less.

MacsBestFriend

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
upstate ny (purgatory)
Lookin good in the hood (or hinge)!

YAY! NO SCRATCHBOOKS OR CRACKBOOKS

Say hello to, DENTBOOK:p But who will seriously be careless enough to dent a laptop (oh, i forgot about me:D)?!

Congrats on the new Macbook! How do you access the RAM? I know the HD is next to the battery but is there a pop out door for RAM? I'm getting mine this weekend if my grades improve:eek:!

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
Say hello to, DENTBOOK:p But who will seriously be careless enough to dent a laptop (oh, i forgot about me:D)?!

Congrats on the new Macbook! How do you access the RAM? I know the HD is next to the battery but is there a pop out door for RAM? I'm getting mine this weekend if my grades improve:eek:!

yeah its behind the battery just like the old macbook. theres a cover on the bottom you take off, then pop out the battery and its very similar to the old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.