PDA

View Full Version : The Mac lovers of Microsoft

MacBytes
Jan 30, 2004, 11:08 AM
Category: Microsoft
Link: The Mac lovers of Microsoft (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040130120844)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

matthew24
Jan 30, 2004, 12:55 PM
To me the MacBU is a part of the Apple family! They were one of the main reasons to switch to Mac OSX.

Gymnut
Jan 30, 2004, 03:50 PM
Keep your friends close but your enemies closer?

xtbfx
Jan 30, 2004, 04:19 PM
"Roz Ho" are two words that still make me shudder. :D

matthew24
Jan 30, 2004, 04:20 PM
Well let's face it, Apple has got the best OS and MS has the best Office Suite, it's nice to have both.

billyboy
Jan 30, 2004, 04:42 PM
Anyone know many copies of Appleworks for Windows have been sold?

Photorun
Jan 30, 2004, 06:03 PM
[grins] Hate to say it but that's actually a nice story.

I know a few of the employees who work at Mac BU (ex Seattle Adobe employees) and they really are Macheads, even though they work for such evil. Seriously, there are people at M$ who, though that's their paycheck, follow that PowerComputing poster that said something about "you can over my Mac from my cold, dead body"

WM.
Jan 30, 2004, 06:24 PM
I haven't checked every single place this is posted, but so far I haven't seen anyone point out that this story is actually on the front page of the paper, with a big picture (the biggest one on the page, half of it above the fold--I'm sure there's a term for that) of a bunch of B&W G3s. I live in a P-I household (as opposed to a Times one, for you non-Seattlites), and I was completely shocked to see a bunch of Macs staring me in the face on the front page of our P-I!! :)

So I think this can only be a good thing for Apple's exposure and demystification to the mainstream--or at least for people who get the P-I, here in Microsoft land. The article was pretty darn well-written for a mainstream one about Apple, especially here in MS-land, and I encourage anyone who feels the urge to send a complimentary email to the reporter (his email address should be on the website). I may do so myself. :)

WM

edit: Actually, the photo is entirely above the fold.

Nermal
Jan 30, 2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by xtbfx
"Roz Ho" are two words that still make me shudder. :D

As someone said on Slashdot, "How shall we put this? Their spokesperson could do with just a tad more charisma. Or to be rather more honest, several swimming pools' worth of extra charisma..."

MrMacMan
Jan 30, 2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Gymnut
Keep your friends close but your enemies closer?

Obviously. ;)

It may be the only place at Microsoft where someone can be spotted wearing an "I Don't Do Windows" shirt.
Ahhh... I'd love to see that along next to a Microsoft Badge. :D

Anyone know many copies of Appleworks for Windows have been sold?
0. :o