Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MicahFreak82

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Honolulu, Hawaii
I am a college student and am in between these two compters. I konw that there are a million of these threads but can you not simply say that there is a post here or you should have done a search.
I only do a bit of photoshop, mostly itunes, internet, and using word. I want it portable but am not sure if i have to sacrifice usability with the air. i do play a bit of like warcraft 3 and ages of empires but i don't mind pluging in the external drive when i do so. and i usually only play it in my room so i wouldn't need to carry around the drive everwhere. but what do you guys suggest. i know that both are newly updated. Either the high end macbook or the air not sure which one yet.
input...

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Sounds like you need portability of which the MacBook Air is king. But keep in mind that they won't be available for another 3 weeks or so.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
having had the air and now the macbook; the air definitely takes the portability factor.

for a college student, the air will easily fit in your bag along with your books. with that said, i would wait to see if the heating issues are fixed with the update. My main reason to get the macbook was the air's core would shut down with just safari and ichat open. also, apple will most likely update the cosmetics of the air in the next revision to look like the macbook, so you might want to consider that as well (if it matters).

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
unless your bones are made of hollow glass and your bag is a few centimeters thick, get the macbook so you can actually do stuff on it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.