Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Will they eventually update the trackpad or will they slowly phase out the whole line?

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
I think they will just leave it as is for now to have an affordable portable mac. Not until costs for the new macboooks go down can they lower the price and eliminate the white macbook.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
They will phase it out, they will have to reconstruct parts of the case. Changing the assembly and technically making a "new" product. It will be phased out soon... Real soon

timestoby

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
north devon,uk
i agree with marv. i just ordered a whitebook for my first mac,i couldnt see myself ordering the new macbooks at that price.i could get a pc laptop with the dedicated gpu that is in the macbook pro for the price of the new macbooks,and they only have intergrated. crazy i know.

if you watch the keynote steve says they will be making the whitebooks for a long time to come.who knows tho

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
i agree with marv. i must ordered a whitebook for my first mac,i couldnt see myself ordering the new macbooks at that price.i could get a pc laptop with the dedicated gpu that is in the macbook pro for the price of the new macbooks,and they only have intergrated. crazy i know.

Not crazy at all. Makes sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.