PDA

View Full Version : US Patent office may rule in favor of Microsoft....again.

MacBytes
Jan 30, 2004, 05:05 PM
Category: Microsoft
Link: US Patent office may rule in favor of Microsoft....again. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040130180533)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

crenz
Jan 30, 2004, 05:09 PM
The patent in question is ridiculous, and threatens not only IE, but any browser supporting plugins. I really hope the USPO will overrule the patent... there's too many patents out there for trivial ideas.

Photorun
Jan 30, 2004, 05:57 PM
Another M$ buying off judges/the legal system deal. Most borderline illegal company, basically showing money is truly evil (and evil must be stopped).

ALoLA
Jan 30, 2004, 07:17 PM
Wasn't there a thread about some company owning a patent for burning a CD with music bought via the same computer? Now that's a patent that needs to be revoked.

simX
Jan 30, 2004, 08:28 PM
I must agree with crenz... this is a dangerous patent that should never have been granted, even though that does mean rooting for Microsoft. Although, this really isn't surprising since the USPTO granted someone a patent for a way to swing on a swing set. Someone really needs to have a look at their operations.

MrMacMan
Jan 30, 2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Photorun
Another M$ buying off judges/the legal system deal. Most borderline illegal company, basically showing money is truly evil (and evil must be stopped).

Did you read the article?

Obviously not.

Microsoft LOST the suit and had to pay a couple million dollars because of the STUPID Eolas Pattent for being overly board.

This would then be used to sue Apple... Mozilla, Netscape's defuked browser... heck ANY browser that has ANY plugins.

This is the Killer Pattent™!

:eek: :mad:

Sabenth
Jan 31, 2004, 01:15 AM
is it me or is the whole dam world going paitent mand or somthing of late. this sort of **** should not be allowed really. i mean what the hell??

MrMacMan
Feb 1, 2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Sabenth
is it me or is the whole dam world going paitent mand or somthing of late. this sort of **** should not be allowed really. i mean what the hell??

I want to pattent everything, but then make it all into public domain.

I will not be suied if I don't give credit to someone whose ____ looks like mine.

:mad: