Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superstrikertwo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
California
WHATS NEW IN THIS VERSION:
- Improved memory management (should help with keyboard lag).
- A number of bug fixes that improve stability and connectivity.
- Additional settings: auto away immediately, exclude disconnect messages for
push notification, auto-correct, auto-capitalization.
- Shake to switch chats. This is turned OFF by default, go to settings to turn it on.
- A few small UI enhancements.

Yay!

therealmrbob

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
I have this application on my blackberry too, these devs are amazing.

They just understand ^.^

(with that said it is a tad expensive, but it's more than worth it)

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey

Nice new features.... The Auto-Away is nice and something I wanted, but that was before Backgrounder. I guess its not going to help since even when I exit, its still running, right?

I'll be interested to try out the shake to change screens.. i was hoping for a swipe (like Palringo) but that could be cool too.

Stebus

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
I don't like the new 'shake to switch chats' feature. Mainly because you can only cycle through your chats one way. I understand that they were trying to use all the iPhone's capabilities, but this one just doesn't work. I'm glad it's just a setting that you can turn off.

Honestly I really liked the chat switching they already had. If I have 5 chats open I can find the one I want quickly and easily and go to it. On Palringo you had to keep sliding back and worth which was fine when you had a couple of chats but was cumbersome with more.

It's great they are giving options though, I think this app is just gonna get better and better.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2007
Yeah, I'm glad they actually care and update it frequently. Especially with the steep price.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
the approval rate for this apps seems to be a lot quicker then other apps. nice updates though

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I love BJ, err I mean BeeJive. Now Apple get your PUSH notification out. Please. :)

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
I have a blackberry to and just downloaded beejive for it. Is the one for the ipod touch the same as the bb one? I was thinking of downloading this also and using it when I'm home or in a wi-fi area.

Alicia
I have this application on my blackberry too, these devs are amazing.

They just understand ^.^

(with that said it is a tad expensive, but it's more than worth it)

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
is it just me or that is everyone else experiencing more keyboard lag while typing? :(

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
I don't like the new 'shake to switch chats' feature. Mainly because you can only cycle through your chats one way. I understand that they were trying to use all the iPhone's capabilities, but this one just doesn't work. I'm glad it's just a setting that you can turn off.

agreed. of the 'features' to add, the shake to switch chats idea just doesn't seem to fit. it would be ok for dice apps and others that have a 'random' application required of it but in this case, no thanks.

evilyankeefan

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
I agree on the shake. Though neat to do, it just seems overkill. It also looks quite strange to be shaking and I actually prefer not to as at first glance it could look very lewd.

kickpush

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
New York
The shake was cool for the first 5 minutes, then... the lack of intuitiveness kicked in and I turned it off.

Great program, but where are the smilies and direct file transfer?

I still cannot change my account picture for my yahoo account either... and it goes blank when I sign in :(

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
The shake was cool for the first 5 minutes, then... the lack of intuitiveness kicked in and I turned it off.

I still cannot change my account picture for my yahoo account either... and it goes blank when I sign in :(

I agree.. I'd rather have swipe for switching between chats..

$15.99?

That's brutal. Can it really be worth that money?

Yes.

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
ah the shake function sucks, it's very sensitive. it will switch windows on you unexpectedly and you might end up in the wrong conversation window.....

Stebus

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008

They said both of those are coming soon, perhaps they are making their own smilies to be used across all IM programs? Palringo did that didn't they? Also with the file transfer they want to make it a proper transfer, not just a link to the file. Already you can see the difficulties of this on the iPhone; where does the file go? How can you view it after you close the app? Things like that have to be sorted out before they can release it.

Might be a bug with your picture problem, you should email them and see what they say.

superstrikertwo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
California
They said both of those are coming soon, perhaps they are making their own smilies to be used across all IM programs? Palringo did that didn't they? Also with the file transfer they want to make it a proper transfer, not just a link to the file. Already you can see the difficulties of this on the iPhone; where does the file go? How can you view it after you close the app? Things like that have to be sorted out before they can release it.

Might be a bug with your picture problem, you should email them and see what they say.

I asked about the real transfer thing on their forums they said it would save to your camera roll.

As for the Yahoo Picture thing I can't set my own either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.