Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
They are sending them out.

We will be admitting players in two waves: a Premiere wave which includes those that pre-ordered at GameStop, individuals who subscribed to QORE for one year and/or bought the episode featuring Resistance 2 and a recent contest from GamePro.com. Those of you in the Premiere wave should be receiving an email with a registration code between now and tomorrow afternoon. A second wave is starting in the middle of next week, and you apply to be a part of it by going to beta.myresistance.net once the site goes live (later tonight). For those of you across the pond in Europe, the public beta will also begin next week.

I've got Qore, so I should have one tonight or tomorrow. I'm not home right now... but when I get home on Saturday I'll be playing some R2!

Rivix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2005
That sounds like fun! I'm really interested in Resistance 2. But I suppose I should play the first game first...

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
It's actually quite a lot of fun. I played two matches tonight, a co-op and a TDM. The 8 player co-op level was cool. Some cool areas, with tons and tons of chimera. Nice team work (7/8 people had mics!) and it was very fun. Some of the creatures had WAY too much life, and one of the huge ones got stuck and we pretty much stood and shot for 5 minutes to kill it. It was fun overall, the part with the zombie-ish chimera was sweet. I just got corner raped by them and a nearby medic just chucked med packs to me and I got out safely! The 60 player online I played was sweet! People everywhere, some cool different weapon classes. The side arm pistol-detonator was cool. It was fun.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I tried it, and i found that it was laggy and i didn't like it as much as the original

I've logged many hours in to Resistance 2, while the closed beta had some bugs they were worked out for the most part by the time the open beta started. If you have lag I suggest you look at your ISP or local network, I've rarely experienced lag while playing.

As far as liking it more or less than the first one, umm its a beta with far less content (and QC) than the full release will have, why are you comparing a beta to a production release again? Graphically its far superior to the first one, the online is better than the first one, and story wise you'll just have to wait for the full release in Nov., but trust me when I say its better than the first one.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Ya, I have no lag issues. The beta froze on me once (after a huge killing spree... I wanted to see how many I had :(), but after all, it is a beta. The game is great and I can't wait till it comes out. I'll probably buy it later, I need time for LBP and Far Cry.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
lag...what lag? that thing is as smooth as butter. I like R2 multiplayer better than one plus now it has more colors(thank goodness)

I was playing some coop today and DAMN those big monsters with the flame boomer things are hard to take down...gezzz but the cooperation by your team mates is much better than R1.

This game just moved up on the food chain.

Thanks Ed.

Bless

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
lag...what lag? that thing is as smooth as butter. I like R2 multiplayer better than one plus now it has more colors(thank goodness)

I was playing some coop today and DAMN those big monsters with the flame boomer things are hard to take down...gezzz but the cooperation by your team mates is much better than R1.

This game just moved up on the food chain.

Thanks Ed.

Bless

Ya, the life on those monsters is a joke. I pretty much stood in the same spot for 5 minutes and shot.... But ya, online is very fun. I just wish the splitscreen wasn't all Halo 3ish.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Hmmm now am I willing to spend $20 extra to get the collectors edition with....
-Cooler box art
-Chimeran action figure
-Hardcover art book
-In-game Wraith weapon skin
-Bonus blu-ray with tons of vids

Actually sounds worth it. $80 is a ton of cash, but I'm just in high school, and my job is bringing more money than I need :D. I'll probably just buy it after I get my next paycheck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.