PDA

View Full Version : When does the MBA get the glossy-glassy screen?

ntrigue
Oct 17, 2008, 01:44 AM
Should we expect the MBA to follow the current lineup in January? If I must use glossy I would love that black bezel :)

Chundles
Oct 17, 2008, 01:49 AM
Should we expect the MBA to follow the current lineup in January? If I must use glossy I would love that black bezel :)

Not January - waaay too soon. Probably in a couple of rev's time when they've recouped the R&D expenditure on the new process by using it for the most popular models - then they can bring the whole line up into parity.

munckee
Oct 17, 2008, 07:08 AM
when they've recouped the R&D expenditure on the new process by using it for the most popular models.

:confused: I thought they used the new process for the MBA?

Chupa Chupa
Oct 17, 2008, 07:46 AM
:confused: I thought they used the new process for the MBA?

Indeed, you are correct. The new MBA was the first "unibody" Macbook. People here shouldn't post if they don't have the facts.

wheelhot
Oct 17, 2008, 07:56 AM
I think the MBA will get a glossy screen by MW and maybe an optical drive, just maybe, to increase MBA sales?

I find it interesting though, since the MBA uses the unibody and it has been in the market for almost 1 year, how come no one comment on the MBA is using a new manufacturing method? Its like this news goes under Apple bloggers radar :eek: