PDA

View Full Version : Travellers to Japan

CrackedButter
Jan 31, 2004, 06:33 AM
Anybody recommend me a good air company that can take me to Japan, reasonable price for 1 person.

Searching on the net takes ages and there are hundreds if not thousands to choose from. I've not flown in like 15 years so I don't know the ins and outs of it all.

Like I said, its for one person and i'm in the UK.

KC9AIC
Jan 31, 2004, 08:15 AM
I live in Japan, and am there as I type this. For complicated trips, my family and I always use travel agents, as they know how to wade through all the information that will bombard you. Though they may not be the cheapest, you may want to just check the major airlines. Some of my relatives have flown KLM from Tokyo to Gatwick via Schipol (Amsterdam) and back, and they absolutely loved the service. To alleviate any guilt related to not booking the cheapest possible flight, you can just think of how much time you have saved, and how much your time is worth. I hope that was useful.

crenz
Jan 31, 2004, 08:46 AM
For my last trips, I booked everything via the Internet - even hotels, where needed. If you don't have complex flight itineraries, you can get really good deals via the Net. Unfortunately, I don't know any companies in the UK that offer such services.

CrackedButter
Jan 31, 2004, 09:31 AM
All good info so far thanks.

Anybody with websites links? They may do a UK site as well.

tpjunkie
Jan 31, 2004, 10:06 AM
When I went, I flew northwest, but I don't remember the ticket prices, but it wasn't direct, I had a stopover in detroit, from newark.

true777
Jan 31, 2004, 10:11 AM
I know Expedia isn't the most loved company, but they actually have pretty good prices, so definitely check expedia.co.uk for comparison. Not sure if travelocity and priceline also operate in the UK. Cheapest days to fly are generally Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so those are good ones to try when checking online.

CrackedButter
Jan 31, 2004, 10:25 AM
i know of travelocity, i have them email everyweek for flights to New Zealand.