Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aminowview

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Hey,
I'm experiencing what I can only describe as a digital separation of my picture during transitions and certain shots throughout the video. The problem is worst on shots with movement. People behind the podium, people clapping ect. I noticed the problem only after burning project to DVD. Editing with FCE, any suggestions?

bananabar

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2008
What are you shooting on? It could be the progressive/interlace shenanigans. Look at your deinterlace settings.

Exman

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2008
Sounds like interlace to me. Is your camera shooting interlaced or progressive? If interlaced is it shooting BBF or TTF? (Botton Field First/Lower or Top Field First/Upper).

You either encoded an interlaced video as progressive (or vice versa) or you might have the fields mixed up.

If the fields are mixed up (e.g your camera recorded BFF, but you encoded the DVD TFF), you can easily fix it without re-encoding again. However, you'll need to reauthor the DVD.

In any case, if you still have the FCE RAW project files, it might be best to re-encode because iMovie will force you to do so anyway.

aminowview

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Thanks that was helpful

one camera DVCPRO and the cuts camera was Panasonic 100. after reading my manual that is the problem I'm experiencing. I notice the problem more with the panasonic camera but also notice it on a few clips from the DVCPro. Were in FCE do I look to change the settings? Or what do you suggest?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.