PDA

View Full Version : Save 10% on 15GB, 20GB, and 40GB iPods and select iPod acces...

MacBytes
Jan 31, 2004, 10:21 AM
Category: Deals and Coupons
Link: Save 10% on 15GB, 20GB, and 40GB iPods and select iPod accessories at the online Apple Store. Jan 31 and Feb 1 only. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040131112138)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

eazyway
Jan 31, 2004, 12:25 PM
Why now ?

Sales of the iPod down ? .. New revision coming out ?

I think sales are down... as iPod not even in the top 20 anymore ? at the on line store ...

jimjiminyjim
Jan 31, 2004, 12:46 PM
and why only two days? what's after that? where are all the rumors? It's been a dry spell lately for rumors. They just released the mini... why would they drop prices for the original? Wouldn't it make sense to permanently drop prices for a bit? I'm a very confused fellow...
;)

edit: spelling

GregUofMN
Jan 31, 2004, 01:14 PM
Remember that iPods are result of iTunes... and with the big 100Million iTunes give-away with Pepsi tomorrow, I'm sure it's just a big marketing gimmick to get some folks to jump on the bandwagon.

jimjiminyjim
Jan 31, 2004, 05:14 PM
That quietly stilled many of my questions. It makes sense.

*still holding out hopes for something spectacular to happen after the 1st*

No reason to dwell on it any longer then.

Jaykay
Jan 31, 2004, 10:23 PM
Hold on, 50 GB.... that must be a typo.

fredwick
Jan 31, 2004, 10:24 PM
NEW IPODS TOMMOROW?
clearing invetory?
:D

dukemeiser
Jan 31, 2004, 10:27 PM
Since this is "MacRumors", where are all the rumors? This is technically news, not rumors, although it is valuable knowledge. Are we going through a dryspell now?

fredwick
Jan 31, 2004, 10:29 PM
aw, fuwy!
doesn't work with the educational price.
"Electronic discounts are NOT valid at the Apple Store for Education Individuals, Apple Store for Education Institutions, Apple Store for Resellers, Apple Store for Business, Apple Store for Canada Resellers, Apple Government Stores, Apple Store for international locations (other than specifically indicated), or any online custom store sponsored by Appl"

Trekkie
Jan 31, 2004, 10:34 PM
anyone know if this is online only? been wondering about upgrading to 40GB from 20gb, but sanity kept taking over

KC9AIC
Jan 31, 2004, 10:39 PM
Shoot! When I saw 50 Gig ipod on the home page, I got excited. It's not nice to have typos like thatů

splashman
Jan 31, 2004, 11:16 PM
Hmmm. 10% isn't going to change anybody's mind, is it?

Maybe it's just to generate a little buzz. After all, it made MacRumors' front page, didn't it? :)

And of course there's the tie-in to the Super Bowl ad. But still, seems they could have done better than 10%.

dho
Jan 31, 2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by KC9AIC
Shoot! When I saw 50 Gig ipod on the home page, I got excited. It's not nice to have typos like thatů

Arn is very good at messing with people minds ;)

Sabenth
Feb 1, 2004, 12:19 AM
lmao i thought it was gona be a 50 gig for sure why not 60 as well :D

aswitcher
Feb 1, 2004, 12:23 AM
Shame this is only happening in the USofA...:(

~Shard~
Feb 1, 2004, 12:36 AM
It might just be something to stimulate iPod sales. After all, it seems like EVERYONE bought iPods before Christmas, since Apple was supposedly "sold out" of them, and sales might be down now. Plus, with the iPod minis out, perhaps this is to attract more sales towards the iPods (although I think Apple should still be trying to promote their nice new minis!)

Or, how about this? It seems like sooo many people on these forums were complaining that the minis pricetag is stupid, and "who wouldn't just buy a 15 GB for $50 more?" Well, perhaps this ties into it - perhaps surprise iPod updates ARE coming soon, and as a result, they will better balance the pricing/capacity situation.

Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm definitely not holding my breath for iPod updates anytime soon. There are many other updates due before the iPods, such as the PM speed bumps and the new LCDs - not to mention G5 iMacs and G% PowerBooks! :cool:

Ben Sheehan
Feb 1, 2004, 01:34 AM
I don't see any mention of the G4 trade in program on the apple Australia website - anyone else find it there?

cb911
Feb 1, 2004, 02:50 AM
sure would be good to see Apple Australia get off their arse for a change. seeing everyone upgrade to G5's would be ssoooo sweet!! :D

aswitcher
Feb 1, 2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by cb911
sure would be good to see Apple Australia get off their arse for a change. seeing everyone upgrade to G5's would be ssoooo sweet!! :D

A damn price drop would be a good start. $1000+ extra is just rude...furthermore we are locked into using them because Apple USA won't ship to Aus and compete...

The Shadow
Feb 1, 2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by aswitcher
A damn price drop would be a good start. $1000+ extra is just rude...furthermore we are locked into using them because Apple USA won't ship to Aus and compete...

I agree. I'll be sticking with my G4 PM until the price to performance equation looks a little more attractive, hopefully with the next rev.

Still, the $1000 trade-in thing is good for those into a new PM. It takes the pressure off the private sale thing.

slightly
Feb 1, 2004, 08:39 AM
I was kind of excited about the 10% thing at first (been waiting to get an iPod for a while) but then I went over to PriceGrabber and, yes, I can still get all the models tax-free (and shipped free) for cheaper.

(Beachcamera.com has the best deal - anyone know anything about them / bought from them before?)

Still, nothing compares to the thrill of actually walking out of the physical Apple Store with a box in your arms. Not that I know, since I haven't done it yet. :(

cuneglasus
Feb 1, 2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Ben Sheehan
I don't see any mention of the G4 trade in program on the apple Australia website - anyone else find it there?

I cant find it either.The only thing I found was the "Every mac need .mac" promotion that ends on March 27th.

SPG
Feb 2, 2004, 02:30 AM
Didn't even know about it until I went in to kill time while my wife was shopping...done bought me an iTrip for 10% off which I was going to get anyway.

Spagolli94
Feb 2, 2004, 08:21 AM
I can't remember a time when the biggest news/rumors was a 2-day iPod sale and an Austrailian G4 trade in program.

Just seems to be a really stagnant period. I guess it's good for people that bought their G5's really early on... They didn't have to watch their machines become outdated overnight.