PDA

View Full Version : My Sony DCR-TRV140E Displaying E:61:10

$usu$ki
Jan 31, 2004, 01:08 PM
Hi.

I figured i'd post this here as many of you use camcorders.

I was using my camcorder, when it fell. then it stopped working properly. It was about half a meter, on to the carpet floor, but i fell lens first.

Now the lens is stuck at min zoom, and the lens does not retrive when turned off, as it used to. The image is extremly blury, and only comes on only after quite a while.

Then it diplays the error message; E:61:10, which when i reffered to the manual, it said take to SERVICE.

Now, it is out of warrenty, and i am short on cash (itz my dad's camera, im oonly 16), and i can't tell him , as this is the second time i mess it up. Last time it cost equivilant of 140 USD (we live in saudi Arabia).

I dont want to take it 2 service, as its far and costly, and im shrot on cash.
In other words, does anyone know if i can fix this at home.

Any information will be really appriciated.
Thank you.

hvfsl
Jan 31, 2004, 01:55 PM
It sounds like the lense got jamed when you dropped it. You could try undoing it and seeing if you can unjam the lense.

$usu$ki
Jan 31, 2004, 02:03 PM
that sounds kinda easy...
exept how do u open it?
Does any one have any pictures for this or for a similar camcorder?

thank again

Codelander
Jun 3, 2004, 09:53 PM
It's been a while since you posted - perhaps you've got a better answer by now than I do. I have the same issue with a Sony DCR-TRV7 camcorder.

I followed the link below to a discussion of the problem where several people described solving the problem by giving the lens end of the camera "2 good whacks".

I haven't tried it yet, having a sense of trepidation about whacking my camera, but so far there's more evidence that "2 whacks" works than I've seen anywhere else.

www.pechorin.com/m/2004/03/07/Sony_DSC_F707_error_e6110-210360.html