PDA

View Full Version : The iPod touch is the cheapest "Apple Computer" ever

ZiggyPastorius
Oct 17, 2008, 09:00 PM
Just kind of a random posting here...I thought this was funny. After the new iPod touches were released, I headed to walmart to check out the new iPods. I got to the display case, and what do you know...I find the two cheapest Apple Computers ever made....

Looking at the labels...let's see...

iPod classic 120GB...mhm, sounds good...

iPod nano 16GB...cool cool...

Apple Computer $229.00...Wha?

Shuffles were also labelled that way, "Apple Computer" for $60whatever or however much Shuffles are.

I thought it was funny. Anyone else seen this at Walmart or wherever?

Nadasive
Oct 19, 2008, 12:32 AM
Yes, i have. as soon as i read this topic i went to walmart to check it out :D

its says exactly what you say except for the shuffle. it just said ipod shuffle not apple computer...
thats pretty funny :p

pismodude2
Oct 19, 2008, 01:26 PM
Well, it's not surprising that people would consider it a computer. It can do almost everything a computer can do, and it runs OSX. Maybe someone will get it to run the 'Classic' Mac OS (or whatever)?

That's be SWEET!

iamtherealandy
Oct 26, 2008, 10:36 AM
I don't think it is funny or ironic. I think it is true.

miniskunk
Oct 26, 2008, 02:10 PM
That's exactly what I call my Touch 2g, its a mini computer. I rather grab that for a trip now than lug my lappy around. Granted it doesn't have a full size keyboard option and the screen could be maybe an inch or two wider, but it does have everything you need to function as one.

4DThinker
Oct 26, 2008, 06:56 PM
If only you could print from one to a WiFi enabled printer.
Then of course I'd want Bluetooth so I could hook up a bluetooth keyboard. Or maybe I should just wait for THIS (http://www.pmptoday.com/2008/10/13/iphone-powered-netbook-in-the-works/)to come out.

firewood
Oct 26, 2008, 11:07 PM
Compared to a Mac Plus, it's maybe 100 times faster, has more than 10X times more usable RAM, mass storage, faster networking, etc. All it's seems to be lacking is that the display is a few pixels narrower and shorter, and no keyboard port.

For $99 more (plus an Intel Mac), you can use the SDK to program for it just like any other personal computer.