PDA

View Full Version : Get your free Microsoft "Security Posters"

MacBytes
Jan 31, 2004, 02:55 PM
Category: Microsoft
Link: Get your free Microsoft "Security Posters" (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040131155546)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Mudbug
Jan 31, 2004, 02:57 PM
words fail me.

Sun Baked
Jan 31, 2004, 03:03 PM
They said they'd be doing quite a bit to improve Windows Security, this must be what they came up with.

Sort of like the stickers that say "Warning: this house/car protected by this sticker" that you can buy instead of an alarm.

winmacguy
Jan 31, 2004, 03:11 PM
Interesting concept

Kenny Pollock
Jan 31, 2004, 03:13 PM
I ordered 2 kits (150 posters)
I like the pictures- I'm going to cut out the pictures and use them on my door :D

Thirteenva
Jan 31, 2004, 03:13 PM
LMAO....

I ordered a free set for my office. Now I can gaze up and remind myself why i have a mac......

Also, I can be credited with instituting a secure computing policy in the office...

Thanks Microsoft.

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2004, 03:20 PM
um...

...omg...

...yeah...

...:eek:!

Nermal
Jan 31, 2004, 03:42 PM
edesign, that actually summed it up quite nicely :)

edesignuk
Jan 31, 2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Nermal
edesign, that actually summed it up quite nicely :)
But of course my dear fellow, I am, after all, a lingual genius :eek: :D :p

TRiPod
Jan 31, 2004, 04:09 PM
so if order those there are NO hidden costs or anything? this IS microsoft, and i'm paranoid that i'm gonna wind up with a bill for the shipping or something...

STITCHES
Jan 31, 2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by kidd0
I ordered 2 kits (150 posters)
I like the pictures- I'm going to cut out the pictures and use them on my door :D

LOL, me too!:D

Laslo Panaflex
Jan 31, 2004, 04:16 PM
As of right now the ordering site for the posters is down, you cannot order posters, you can only download them. I hope this is up and running soon, they would make great white elephant gifts.

duce
Jan 31, 2004, 05:01 PM
"Welcome to Microsoft Country"

Kenny Pollock
Jan 31, 2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by TRiPod
so if order those there are NO hidden costs or anything? this IS microsoft, and i'm paranoid that i'm gonna wind up with a bill for the shipping or something...
No bill, even though I couldn't believe this was from Microsoft.. it is for educational purposes however.

Mr. Anderson
Jan 31, 2004, 06:00 PM
Damn, they don't have anymore posters....or at least the ordering is shut down :(

I wanted to get some and give them to my IT guys at work :D

Great stuff!

D

ALoLA
Jan 31, 2004, 06:04 PM
I'm surprised no one has posted their own Photoshopped versions of signs that more "accurately" describe Microsoft and where they can put their virus-infested software. :)

If they really wanted to educate the public on how to protect themselves from these viruses, they only need one sign that simply says "Buy a Mac." ;)

Nermal
Jan 31, 2004, 06:42 PM
They were made on a Mac :) (quite some time ago too!)

/CreationDate (D:20031216110043)
/Producer (Acrobat Distiller 4.0 for Macintosh)
/ModDate (D:20031216154209-08'00')

nagromme
Jan 31, 2004, 06:43 PM
"Hackers Ahead" and "Internet Worm Crossing"... finally some honest advertising from Microsoft!

Get yours before MyDoom uses MS's own product failings to attack them this coming week :)

TRiPod
Jan 31, 2004, 07:38 PM
here ya go:

http://www.spymac.com/gallery/show_photo.php?picid=77364

McToast
Jan 31, 2004, 09:53 PM
Where's the security poster that says "Do Not Use Windows"

Kenny Pollock
Jan 31, 2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by ALoLA
I'm surprised no one has posted their own Photoshopped versions of signs that more "accurately" describe Microsoft and where they can put their virus-infested software. :)

Bored, and it took me 3 minutes.. not worrying about making it pretty.

http://kennypollock.com/msucks.jpg

Molten Thinker
Jan 31, 2004, 10:37 PM
I must say the posters are actually good. And they can be funny too... just like all the stuff Microsoft makes. Except, its not that funny; especially when it hurts you. I am thinking that this posters will do more damage than good. But don't get me wrong, the concept is funny. Microsoft does not have a good sense of humor.

MrMacMan
Jan 31, 2004, 11:56 PM
Ahhhh

mwhahahaha.

What the hell is that Microsoft?

Is anyone really getting those?

MWHAHAHA.

:eek: :eek: :confused:

solvs
Feb 1, 2004, 01:25 AM
*The ordering site has been shut down for maintenance purposes.

Maybe they caught a virus. :D Probably not, since the posters were created on a Mac. :p

Do they even think before doing this stuff? Do they realize how rediculous this is? :rolleyes: Duh!!!

Sabenth
Feb 1, 2004, 02:19 AM
words cant describe how i feel right now about this... ??????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

Viv
Feb 1, 2004, 07:56 AM
Is it some kind of sureal joke and I am just to dumb to get it?

Kinda like how many fish does it take to change a seal? a pancake!

Viv

Photorun
Feb 1, 2004, 09:51 AM
I bet there are peecee weenies out there that are actually ordering and think this is serious? Maybe a serious hoax, but hardly could M$ be serious. Buffoons.

applemacdude
Feb 1, 2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Viv
Is it some kind of sureal joke and I am just to dumb to get it?

Kinda like how many fish does it take to change a seal? a pancake!

Viv

Oohh, oohhh I have a joke;)

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Couse he wanted too:D

Why did the Chicken cross the road?

Bill Gates' Answer:
I have just released eChicken 2003, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook - and Internet Explorer is an inextricable part of eChicken.
http://www.chickenjoke.com/

Anyways I want my Microsoft posters, the site still isnt accepting posters....

Kenny Pollock
Apr 15, 2004, 12:35 AM
http://www.kennypollock.com/pics/hackersahead-big.jpg :D