PDA

View Full Version : syncing iCal to iphone

j4mbo
Oct 18, 2008, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, i'm sure this is a really basic question but I am new to Macs and would really appreciate some advice.

I have quite a few appointments I have edited via my iphone and I would now like to start using iCal. I know if I click "sync calendar" on iTunes then it will wipe all the ones stored on the iphone because there are none on the macbook.

Could someone tell me how to get my appointments onto iCal so I can start syncing it regularly?

Thanks

50 views and not 1 response? please?

mkrishnan
Oct 19, 2008, 07:54 AM
I think you're actually wrong about what iTunes will do -- it should still be a bidirectional sync (meaning that the appts in iCal, were there any, would go to your iPhone, and the ones in your iPhone would go to your iCal).

I never get the warnings with the iPhone (and never have the conflicts anymore, blissfully), but the SyncServices engine is designed so that if a sync causes a significant percentage of the information in a category on a device (e.g. a significant percentage of the calendar appointments on your iPhone) to be modified, then it will pop up a warning dialog to make sure that you are doing what you intended. Again, unlike every other device I've used, the iPhone actually has not had any such conflicts, and so I don't recall ever having gotten the prompt on my iPhone, but I think the idea is still the same, and you will be warned if the sync might delete your calendar entries.

50 views and not 1 response? please?

Also please refrain from doing this on MacRumors. It's quite rude -- people here are enthusiasts who give of their time to help each other for the love of computer technology. If you need urgent support and you can't wait, you should hire tech support personnel.