Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Apple has updated the iTunes/Pepsi promo page... with Official Rules, a FAQ, System Requirements as well as the a Link to allow winners to redeem their songs.

The promotion officially launches with this Superbowl ad but the first bottles are already in circulation.

According to the rules, the promo ends on 3/31/04 and the "maximum number of valid Codes per email address/person that can be entered at the Web Site is 10 per day and 200 total throughout the Promotion Period."

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Caps redeemable through April

The caps will be out for two months only. BUT you can redeem the caps through the end of April.

I hope Apple added a few more Xserves to handle the traffic!

fatbarstard

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2003
New Zealand
mmmmmmmmmm Pepsi......

Yum.... damn that I live a zillion time zones from the US....

Still a good ad and I won't stop chugging down Pepsi max like there is no tomorrow... :D :D :D

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Hmm...

I'm not a Pepsi drinker (or most other sodas either, for that matter), but I wonder if I were to post a request to the listserv in my department saying that I'd pay $.25 for every cap that's a winner how many songs I could get....

bnemesis

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2003
Wow. Im trying to cut down/remove soda from my diet, unfortunatly. However, I could always take a closer look at all the caps and empty bottles that I find lying around. :D

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Originally posted by Peej
mmmmmmmm, pepsi.

Snowy says...

Pepsi... yich!

barf.gif

eqlized

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2004
I'll tell you what is really cool about this offer. The official rules state that you can send a self addressed, stamped envelope and get an official game piece. Do the math...
$0.37 x 2 = $0.74 per song
$1.15 (price for 20 oz pepsi in my area) * 3 (1/3 odds) = $3.45

I'd rather pay $148 for 200 songs (the maximum) than $690 for 200 songs and a ton of pepsi.
:cool:

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Originally posted by eqlized
I'll tell you what is really cool about this offer. The official rules state that you can send a self addressed, stamped envelope and get an official game piece. Do the math...
$0.37 x 2 = $0.74 per song
$1.15 (price for 20 oz pepsi in my area) * 3 (1/3 odds) = $3.45

I'd rather pay $148 for 200 songs (the maximum) than $690 for 200 songs and a ton of pepsi.
:cool:

I think that your math is breaking down...

It should be

$0.37 x 2 x 3 (1/3 odds)=$2.22

Why spend that when you could simply spend $0.99 on buying the song at iTMS directly?

eqlized

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2004
right on.. forgot about the odds on the game piece... (might be in part that it is 4 AM)

Tegosaurus

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2004
Ghent, Belgium
Does this make the Music Store available in Europe as well?

I tried to click on the link (I am in Belgium) and it opened the Music Store. I could go to the page where I had to enter the code, but of course don't have one yet. Now you can send pepsi caps as a gift to your European friends :)

Thomas

Originally posted by Snowy_River
Hmm...

I'm not a Pepsi drinker (or most other sodas either, for that matter), but I wonder if I were to post a request to the listserv in my department saying that I'd pay $.25 for every cap that's a winner how many songs I could get....
I told my friends at work who use dial-up and drink Pepsi to try it out, and if they didn't like the service, I would buy their winning lids for 25¢ each. Most of them said they didn't fell like trying it in the first place and that they would just give me their lids. Hopefully they'll start pouring in soon!

humangod

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2003
sac, california
i can't win

even if i do get a winning cap, i do not qualify to redeem it. apple employees are exempt from this promotion.

oh well... have fun guys. drink lots and lots of pepsi and redeem those caps!!

Tegosaurus

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2004
Ghent, Belgium
Re: i can't win

Originally posted by humangod
even if i do get a winning cap, i do not qualify to redeem it. apple employees are exempt from this promotion.
How would they be able to see that you are an employee on the iTMS?

humangod

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2003
sac, california
Re: Re: i can't win

Originally posted by Tegosaurus
How would they be able to see that you are an employee on the iTMS?

now that you mentioned that...

i'm actually at work right now. i just asked my friend here at work whether apple would know if we're employees or not when we sign into the itunes music store. and the answer is yes, they will know because of our apple id.

Re: Re: Re: i can't win

Originally posted by humangod
now that you mentioned that...

i'm actually at work right now. i just asked my friend here at work whether apple would know if we're employees or not when we sign into the itunes music store. and the answer is yes, they will know because of our apple id.

You don't have an alternate email address you could use? Then maybe set up the personal info in a wife/girlfriend's name just in case a human being ever does any kind of audit on the accounts? If not, I'll take your caps. Mail to:
411 Tincher Dr.
Versailles, KY 40383
:D

humangod

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2003
sac, california
Re: Re: Re: Re: i can't win

Originally posted by TimDaddy
You don't have an alternate email address you could use? Then maybe set up the personal info in a wife/girlfriend's name just in case a human being ever does any kind of audit on the accounts? If not, I'll take your caps. Mail to:
411 Tincher Dr.
Versailles, KY 40383

i know what you're saying, but on a public board like this, which can be read by ANYONE, i 'can't' say i'm going to do that. i don't even think i was supposed to say i work for them.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Let the fun begin! :) I wish that it was going to be available on cans also!

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Re: Re: Re: Re: i can't win

Originally posted by TimDaddy
411 Tincher Dr.
Versailles, KY 40383

The other problem with this idea is that he wouldn't be able to listen to these songs on his computer or iPod that's registered with his standard Apple ID. This is one area where it doesn't pay to have multiple email addresses and accounts...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.