PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi-iTunes Promotion Starts

MacRumors
Feb 1, 2004, 01:35 AM
Apple has updated the iTunes/Pepsi (http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/) promo page... with Official Rules, a FAQ, System Requirements as well as the a Link (https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/pepsiFreeSongWizard) to allow winners to redeem their songs.

The promotion officially launches with this Superbowl ad (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/01/20040128173412.shtml) but the first bottles (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/01/20040123205601.shtml) are already in circulation.

According to the rules (http://www.apple.com/itunes/pepsi/rules.html), the promo ends on 3/31/04 and the "maximum number of valid Codes per email address/person that can be entered at the Web Site is 10 per day and 200 total throughout the Promotion Period."

anodized
Feb 1, 2004, 01:39 AM
Let's get ready to r-u-u-u-mmmmmbble!

:D

nagromme
Feb 1, 2004, 01:49 AM
The caps will be out for two months only. BUT you can redeem the caps through the end of April.

I hope Apple added a few more Xserves to handle the traffic!

Peej
Feb 1, 2004, 01:51 AM
mmmmmmmm, pepsi.

yamadataro
Feb 1, 2004, 01:57 AM
If it were available in Japan, I would drink Pepsi like hell!

fatbarstard
Feb 1, 2004, 02:17 AM
Yum.... damn that I live a zillion time zones from the US....

Still a good ad and I won't stop chugging down Pepsi max like there is no tomorrow... :D :D :D

Snowy_River
Feb 1, 2004, 02:29 AM
Hmm...

I'm not a Pepsi drinker (or most other sodas either, for that matter), but I wonder if I were to post a request to the listserv in my department saying that I'd pay $.25 for every cap that's a winner how many songs I could get....

bnemesis
Feb 1, 2004, 02:35 AM
Wow. Im trying to cut down/remove soda from my diet, unfortunatly. However, I could always take a closer look at all the caps and empty bottles that I find lying around. :D

Snowy_River
Feb 1, 2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Peej
mmmmmmmm, pepsi.

Snowy says...

Pepsi... yich!

http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/ups/sicdeth/barf.gif

eqlized
Feb 1, 2004, 02:48 AM
I'll tell you what is really cool about this offer. The official rules state that you can send a self addressed, stamped envelope and get an official game piece. Do the math...
$0.37 x 2 = $0.74 per song
$1.15 (price for 20 oz pepsi in my area) * 3 (1/3 odds) = $3.45

I'd rather pay $148 for 200 songs (the maximum) than $690 for 200 songs and a ton of pepsi.
:cool:

Snowy_River
Feb 1, 2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by eqlized
I'll tell you what is really cool about this offer. The official rules state that you can send a self addressed, stamped envelope and get an official game piece. Do the math...
$0.37 x 2 = $0.74 per song
$1.15 (price for 20 oz pepsi in my area) * 3 (1/3 odds) = $3.45

I'd rather pay $148 for 200 songs (the maximum) than $690 for 200 songs and a ton of pepsi.
:cool:

I think that your math is breaking down...

It should be

$0.37 x 2 x 3 (1/3 odds)=$2.22

Why spend that when you could simply spend $0.99 on buying the song at iTMS directly?

eqlized
Feb 1, 2004, 02:56 AM
right on.. forgot about the odds on the game piece... (might be in part that it is 4 AM)

Snowy_River
Feb 1, 2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by eqlized
right on.. forgot about the odds on the game piece... (might be in part that it is 4 AM)

No problem. I'm not quite there, as it's only 2AM here...

Tegosaurus
Feb 1, 2004, 03:34 AM
Does this make the Music Store available in Europe as well?

I tried to click on the link (I am in Belgium) and it opened the Music Store. I could go to the page where I had to enter the code, but of course don't have one yet. Now you can send pepsi caps as a gift to your European friends :)

Thomas

TimDaddy
Feb 1, 2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Snowy_River
Hmm...

I'm not a Pepsi drinker (or most other sodas either, for that matter), but I wonder if I were to post a request to the listserv in my department saying that I'd pay $.25 for every cap that's a winner how many songs I could get....
I told my friends at work who use dial-up and drink Pepsi to try it out, and if they didn't like the service, I would buy their winning lids for 25¢ each. Most of them said they didn't fell like trying it in the first place and that they would just give me their lids. Hopefully they'll start pouring in soon!

humangod
Feb 1, 2004, 08:22 AM
even if i do get a winning cap, i do not qualify to redeem it. apple employees are exempt from this promotion.

oh well... have fun guys. drink lots and lots of pepsi and redeem those caps!!

Tegosaurus
Feb 1, 2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by humangod
even if i do get a winning cap, i do not qualify to redeem it. apple employees are exempt from this promotion.

How would they be able to see that you are an employee on the iTMS?

humangod
Feb 1, 2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Tegosaurus
How would they be able to see that you are an employee on the iTMS?

now that you mentioned that...

i'm actually at work right now. i just asked my friend here at work whether apple would know if we're employees or not when we sign into the itunes music store. and the answer is yes, they will know because of our apple id.

snahabed
Feb 1, 2004, 10:46 AM
Grr it isn't accepting my cap code!

I know I am typing it in right. Razzin frazzin!

TimDaddy
Feb 1, 2004, 12:08 PM
now that you mentioned that...

i'm actually at work right now. i just asked my friend here at work whether apple would know if we're employees or not when we sign into the itunes music store. and the answer is yes, they will know because of our apple id.

You don't have an alternate email address you could use? Then maybe set up the personal info in a wife/girlfriend's name just in case a human being ever does any kind of audit on the accounts? If not, I'll take your caps. Mail to:
411 Tincher Dr.
Versailles, KY 40383

humangod
Feb 1, 2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TimDaddy
You don't have an alternate email address you could use? Then maybe set up the personal info in a wife/girlfriend's name just in case a human being ever does any kind of audit on the accounts? If not, I'll take your caps. Mail to:
411 Tincher Dr.
Versailles, KY 40383

i know what you're saying, but on a public board like this, which can be read by ANYONE, i 'can't' say i'm going to do that. i don't even think i was supposed to say i work for them.

jcshas
Feb 1, 2004, 01:00 PM
I'm thirsty...

wdlove
Feb 1, 2004, 01:25 PM
Let the fun begin! :) I wish that it was going to be available on cans also!

Snowy_River
Feb 1, 2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by TimDaddy
411 Tincher Dr.
Versailles, KY 40383

The other problem with this idea is that he wouldn't be able to listen to these songs on his computer or iPod that's registered with his standard Apple ID. This is one area where it doesn't pay to have multiple email addresses and accounts...

engelb15
Feb 1, 2004, 03:15 PM
but would it really be worth it for him to risk getting fired for .99 cents?

engelb15
Feb 1, 2004, 03:17 PM
I wonder how many people try to use this code...haha

humangod
Feb 1, 2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by engelb15
but would it really be worth it for him to risk getting fired for .99 cents?

nope!! no it is not! :D

omegasdx
Feb 1, 2004, 07:00 PM
Hey, the pepsi 20 oz bottles haven't made it to my area yet, BUT I went to 7-11 and their fountain drinks cups are doing the promotion as well, thought you all woiuld be interested to know. :) We bought 5, and already have two wins. :)

grouse
Feb 2, 2004, 06:10 AM
Just looking over the CNET download pages today, I noticed that iTunes for Windows has now leapt up from 43 position to 29th, after only a few days of the Pepsi promotional bottles being in the public domain.

I've found these download tables as a kinda of bellweather (sic?) poll for the general enthusiasm for PC users of the iTunes deal!

"29. iTunes for Windows popular
Create MP3 playlists, burn CD's, and download music with this top-rated jukebox.

last week's position 48
number of weeks on chart 5
downloads last week (to Feb 01) 52,264
total downloads 644,624"

It's also the first time, I think, that iTunes has been higher than QuickTime. Also, one might like to note, is that KaZaA is still the king, in terms of PC downloads.

But as I say, it's certainly one to watch over the next few weeks, to gauge how wide a pick-up this promotion is getting.

sinisterdesign
Feb 2, 2004, 09:29 AM
nope!! no it is not! :D

i used to work for apple, myself. i was trying to remember if they were cola-neutral on campus or not. i can't remember which machines were in all the bldgs, coke or pepsi.

i'm in atlanta, so every machine in all 3 towers of this building is Coke. normally that's fine b/c i hate pepsi, but i would love to hit all my coworkers up for their bottlecaps!

that's too bad that you guys can't participate. i know employees are always exempt from promotions, but still. i guess you'll just have to go back to pirating music. :p

i was driving back into the city yesterday afternoon & saw two huge pepsi delivery trucks heading into town. i pondered how many free songs were contained in those 2 trucks....

Sonofhaig
Feb 2, 2004, 12:25 PM
I haven't seen these new bottles anywhere on Long Island. I hope to soon...

ibookin'
Feb 2, 2004, 01:16 PM
Not here at my school. Kind of disapointing because our school gets huge sponsorships from Pepsi, and should have all their latest promotions.

Sigh... I'll have to go pick some up near work today.

Doctor Q
Feb 2, 2004, 02:13 PM
I went to 8 supermarkets or drug stores in my area (in Los Angeles) yesterday. Not a single one had yellow-cap Pepsis. Only some stores had the 20oz size, and none of them were the yellow-cap ones yet. None of the stores had the 1 liter size. Futhermore, I checked the price per oz of the various size Pepsis. 6-packs of cans, 12-packs of cans, 24-packs of cans, 24oz bottles, and 2 liter bottles cost from 1.2 to 3.6 cents per ounce. The 20oz bottles cost 6 cents per ounce! It seems that the only bottles having the promotion are the overpriced ones stocked in convenience-stores. My plan to switch from cans to bottles and get lots of free music is no longer worth it.

alia
Feb 2, 2004, 02:53 PM
I bought 4 20 oz bottles of Pepsi products yesterday, for our D&D session (yes, we're geeks), and 3 of the 4 were winners. I got them at Wal-Mart. Pretty good return. :)

Alia

wdlove
Feb 2, 2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by alia
I bought 4 20 oz bottles of Pepsi products yesterday, for our D&D session (yes, we're geeks), and 3 of the 4 were winners. I got them at Wal-Mart. Pretty good return. :)http://forums.macrumors.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=689645#

Alia

What did you end up paying per ounce Alia? Congratulations on beating the odds! ;)

niter
Feb 2, 2004, 08:13 PM
I bought 3 bottles yesterday for $1/each. I got 3 winning caps. This whole this is all good for me as my fiance loves pepsi and I do the grocery shopping (he gets the soda, I get the tunes).

Of course, I will admit I did stand in the store and do my best to peek under the lids for winners for the heck of it. Most likely, I just was really lucky.

It just irks me that the 2 liters in Wal-Mart are not the iTunes ones, yet. They are $.88 and the best deal...lots of soda for FH and songs as less that a $1 for me.

jeffgarden
Feb 2, 2004, 08:50 PM
The other problem with this idea is that he wouldn't be able to listen to these songs on his computer or iPod that's registered with his standard Apple ID.

you can have songs from several accounts in iTunes and iPod. Say you and another family member have your own iTunes accounts, you can both buy music on the same computer and authorize the songs with the account used to buy each one. My iTunes has songs from 2 accounts in it because it counted "jeffgarden" and "jeffgarden@mac.com" as different accounts. i think i used my aol account too, just to see how that was when they first let you do that

Jacob Nissen
Feb 2, 2004, 09:24 PM
I'm switching from coffee to Pepsi now!! :D

bigjohn
Feb 2, 2004, 09:31 PM
has anyone figured out how to transfer ownership of an itms file yet? i have a no doubt song that is a little played out and i have no qualms about selling it for like 25 cents. it's used, but still in good condition.

Timothy
Feb 3, 2004, 07:10 AM
I've yet to find a store in Seattle that has the bottles. I'm a bit disappointed that the promotion hit with a Superbowl ad, and yet, the bottles weren't in place.

Poor execution...

TimDaddy
Feb 4, 2004, 02:18 AM
I'm sure it's not entirely Pepsi's fault. A lot of it depends on how much business a store does and how much inventory they keep on hand. I think Pepsi did all they could to get the bottles out on time, considering many of us (including me) had won our first songs up to a week before the superbowl.
I was in a store yesterday that didn't have the caps out. My friend's girlfriend works there. If I see her I think I'll ask her if they have the bottles with the promotion in the back somewhere, and if so, how long they've been there.

sketchy
Feb 4, 2004, 11:45 AM
we have them in Richmond. 7-11 has a two for one promotion on sierra Mist (coupons) -- I got two, but no winners

Toeknee
Feb 4, 2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah here in San Antonio I have also yet to see an iTunes Pepsi bottle... its a shame b/c at school those are the only machines we have. The gas stations ive been to havent had them either. :( hope we dont get them in april.. when all this is over.

El Dandy
Feb 4, 2004, 06:11 PM
I'm in Syracuse, I can't wait to use the meal card my parents paid for to buy a ***** load of pepsis, free songs for me.

wdlove
Feb 4, 2004, 10:16 PM
I went to a local deli today. The only 20oz product available was Sierra Mist. So I purchased 2 of them, think that I wouild have a beter chance. It seems that the Boston area is slow to get full deli8very.

Well now I'm disappointed, bot caps said, "Please play again." I plan to the nesxt time that I find more produxct, I just want to win! :)

Doctor Q
Feb 5, 2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by wdlove
I purchased 2 of them...bot caps said, "Please play again."Well, mathematically, that absolutely guarantees that your next bottle will be a winner! One out of every three bottles, right? You can't argue with statistics!

OK, I admit that's a gambler's fallacy. Your chances next time are 1/3.

Actually, they are a teeny tiny bit better than 1/3. For example, if they issued 3,000,000 bottles and 1,000,000 of them were winners, and you bought two losers, then the next bottle has winning chances of 1,000,000/2,999,998! You've improved the chances for all the rest of us from 33.33333% to 33.33336%. Thanks, wdlove!

neutrino23
Feb 5, 2004, 01:33 AM
Around San Francisco I stopped at two 7-11s on Tuesday. No bottles but at the drink machine the back lit panel featured a picture of special cup with both Apple and Pepsi logos. However, no cups are available yet. Possibly tomorrow.

wdlove
Feb 5, 2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
Well, mathematically, that absolutely guarantees that your next bottle will be a winner! One out of every three bottles, right? You can't argue with statistics!

Actually, they are a teeny tiny bit better than 1/3. For example, if they issued 3,000,000 bottles and 1,000,000 of them were winners, and you bought two losers, then the next bottle has winning chances of 1,000,000/2,999,998! You've improved the chances for all the rest of us from 33.33333% to 33.33336%. Thanks, wdlove!

Your welcome Doctor Q. Actually they only had 3 bottle available for sale. I made a big error by not purchasing all 3. :(

Doctor Q
Feb 5, 2004, 12:19 PM
The rules of the promotion say:Look for game piece printed underneath bottle caps on specially-marked “iTunes” 20 oz. and 1 liter bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Sierra Mist and under the rim of specially-marked 32 oz.We all know this, but Apple apparently didn't read the fine print very carefully. In today's Apple eNews (http://www.apple.com/enews/2004/02/05enews1.html), it saysPepsi has shipped 300 million 10-ounce and 1-liter bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Sierra Mist to stores all over the country.Emphasis mine.

Timothy
Feb 6, 2004, 10:23 AM
still nothing in the Seattle area that I've been able to find.

mproud
Feb 6, 2004, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I haven't seen anything yet. Just regular bottles, or the ones with the football caps contest leftover from before the Super Bowl.

Engagebot
Feb 7, 2004, 01:49 PM
still no itunes bottles in new orleans/baton rouge louisiana bottling area. stores are still way overstocked with the new orleans hornets promotion.

Engagebot
Feb 7, 2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
Well, mathematically, that absolutely guarantees that your next bottle will be a winner! One out of every three bottles, right? You can't argue with statistics!

Hahaha. here i am taking a break from discreet math homework, and bam.

Doctor Q
Feb 7, 2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Engagebot
Hahaha. here i am taking a break from discreet math homework, and bam. What math students do in the privacy of their own homes is none of our business, so I'm glad you are discreet about it. ;)

MacRAND
Feb 9, 2004, 09:16 AM
Metro-Phoenix AZ: NO yellow cap bottles; "nada" tunes

Checked:

Wal-Mart
Safeway
Fry's Grocery
Albertson's

:mad:

DangerDiabolik
Feb 9, 2004, 11:20 AM
Long Island NY

NADDA..

just the football caps....

I think its a hoax ! LOL

By the time these bottles are out teh contest will be over.

El Dandy
Feb 9, 2004, 11:58 AM
ITunes pepsi bottles are at syracuse university, a friend of mine just got one!

barnett25
Feb 12, 2004, 08:11 AM
I live in Southern West Virginia and have been on the hunt for Itunes Pepsi since the superbowl ad. So far I have checked 3 gas stations, 2 grocery stores and a WalMart in WV with no luck. I've also checked 2 gas stations and a grocery store in Ohio with no luck. I'm starting to think that this whole Itunes promotion is made-up just to drive me insane....your all in on it arent you?!? Theres really no such thing as an Itunes Pepsi is there? I mean come on, its been like 2 weeks and there arent any anywhere, just "reports" of people "winning". I wont believe its real till I'm holding a bottle in my hand!:mad:
Ok....ok...I'm calm....it's ok. I just forgot to take my meds today, thats all. :( Well...if anyone finds a place in West Virginia that sells these mythical Itunes Pepsi's, please let me know :)

MacRAND
Feb 12, 2004, 10:05 AM
Same "tune" here as mostly everywhere else,
No PepsiTunes in Phoenix AZ

No YELLOW CAPS in sight. :confused:

Latest rumor (I just started it):
You know the 2 delivery trucks shown in the TV ad hauling Vanilla cola?
One for Pepsi and the other with Coca Cola?

Well, I believe that since Vanilla Coke is really not going anywhere, the DRIVER of the Vanilla Coke truck has HIJACKED all the iTunes PEPSI bottles he can get 'cause he's got nothing else to keep him entertained or busy.

So, if anyone sees a bunch of YELLOW CAPPED 20oz Pepsi bottles being hauled away in a Vanilla Coke Truck, let us know about your sighting.
Otherwise, KEEP LOOKING for PepsiTunes in the YELLOW CAPPED bottles.
:rolleyes:

DangerDiabolik
Feb 12, 2004, 11:03 AM
OK this is officailly reallyu sad ans stupid.

I was expecting mass saturation ...and NOTHING.

Dosent this contest only run like 2 months ?

very dissapointed.

GroundLoop
Feb 12, 2004, 11:27 AM
Sorry to hear that everyone is having such a hard time finding them. Thay have been available here (near Philly) since Jan 28th. They have mostly been Diet Pepsi bottles, but just this week we started getting them on regular Pepsi.

I guess I will just have to take advantage of this. So far, I have 56 winners out of about 80. I started saving the caps this week so I could take a pic of them at the end of the contest to post here. I have about 24 of the caps so far for the pic.

Hickman

TheInevitable
Feb 12, 2004, 12:55 PM
Well I'm in Mesa, AZ and I have already won twice. 2 for 6. The statistics are right on.

I get the caps from QT and Circle K.

Doctor Q
Feb 12, 2004, 01:57 PM
I've now been to every single retail establishment in all 50 states (well, ok, 12 stores in Los Angeles) without a sign of a promotional Pepsi.

I have a new theory:

The Pepsi/iTunes promotion is a hoax. Pepsi, with Apple's cooperation, is running the campaign without actually having any yellow-cap Pepsis or winners. The posters above are all part of a VCC (vast cola conspiracy) designed to get us to talk about Pepsi, hunt for Pepsi bottles, and think about Pepsi 24 hours a day, which is a great marketing accomplishment, and they are doing it without actually giving anything away!

Remember, anybody who contradicts me is just part of the conspiracy. ;)

MacRAND
Feb 12, 2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Brian Hickman
Sorry to hear that everyone is having such a hard time finding them. Thay have been available here (near Philly) since Jan 28th. ORDER: Brian, I'd like a hot Philly steak sandwich on a roll, with a 20oz PepsiTunes cola, please. ;)

Have yet to see PepsiTunes 20oz bottles in Phoenix (Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, Chandler, Glendale, Peoria, etc.) Maricopa County, AZ, but PepsiTunes cups sold at 7-11 or Circle K, and QT Mart & Gas Station have codes.

gschumsky
Feb 12, 2004, 04:21 PM
I'm in San Diego. No yellow top Pepsi products either. Although, all the Pepsi bottles have LA Lakers game pieces...how many San Diegans are Laker fans? (Yes, they are a good team, but not a San Diego team). I've tried 7-11 (remember when it was called Speedy-mart??), Chevron's, Mobile's, Target..this is kinda bumming me out.:(

DougMenke
Feb 13, 2004, 08:24 AM
Nothing in the Midwest, either.

Kinda makes you think what the heck is going on...

Doug:confused:

TheInevitable
Feb 13, 2004, 12:18 PM
The 2 places I have gone and found the iTunes game pieces in Mesa, AZ are here:

1 liter bottles - Circle K on Stapley at 60 (right next to In-n-Out).
(near my work)

20oz bottles - QT on corner of Power and University.
(near my home)

jkeithh
Feb 13, 2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Engagebot
still no itunes bottles in new orleans/baton rouge louisiana bottling area. stores are still way overstocked with the new orleans hornets promotion.

So it is in the Baton Rouge area too? Thought maybe it was just still in Slidell. Don't think they will ever get rid of all the Hornets bottles.

MacRAND
Feb 13, 2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by DougMenke
Nothing in the Midwest, either.
Kinda makes you think what the heck is going on...
I think I've figured out what's wrong.
It's not the BIG DEAL we all thought it was.
Count the bottles... I just knew it was too good to be true. :mad:

MacRAND
Feb 13, 2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by MacRAND
I think I've figured out what's wrong.
It's not the BIG DEAL we all though it was.
Count the bottles... I think PEPSI changed the Rules of the Promotion. This is why we haven't seen very many bottles in each state, not enough to go around... I don't think North Dakota or Montana get any!

Doctor Q
Feb 13, 2004, 10:06 PM
In California:

DangerDiabolik
Feb 13, 2004, 11:16 PM
Still no bottles...

Im offically pissed

jimsowden
Feb 14, 2004, 10:12 PM
I guess this is like bigfoot:

MacRAND
Feb 14, 2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by jimsowden
I guess this is like bigfoot: True.
But you missed your chance at a cool photo of the PepsiTunes cup plugged directly into either your Mac G5 or your iPod (showoff) with a FireWire cable. :p
Too late now! :cool:

Gravity
Feb 15, 2004, 04:39 PM
I have been to a number of grocery stores here in the Chicago suburbs.

Not a single point-of-purchase display or bottle with the iTunes promotion!

Whassup with that?

I think the local bottlers want to use up their existing stock before bringing these out. I could be wrong.

I'm not happy about this. My wife drinks diet pepsi like a fiend (breakfast, lunch & dinner).

I should have ten or twelve free downloads by now, shouldn't I?

DangerDiabolik
Feb 16, 2004, 12:01 AM
Steve....do I need to smack you ? lol

Has Apple or Pepsi commented on this weak as propmotion ?

gschumsky
Feb 16, 2004, 11:29 AM
I asked the people at the local Mobile station ( San Diego) when they'd be getting the iTunes Pepsi bottles. Their response: "What the heck is iTunes?". Although, LA Lakers bottles are selling like mad. :P

That's not good. :(

MacRAND
Feb 16, 2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by gschumsky
I asked the people at the local Mobile station ( San Diego) when they'd be getting the iTunes Pepsi bottles. Their response: "What the heck is iTunes?". ...That's not good. :( I get exactly the same reaction here in Phoenix, AZ when I ask grocery store staff, high & low,
"where are the Yellow Capped 20oz PepsiTunes bottles.
"What's an I-tune?" :confused:
Grrrrr! :mad:

Hey, sombody (not me) kidnap a PepsiCo delivery truck guy,
take him to the nearest McDonald's (Coke only ;) ), then
force him to eat lots of Big Macs and Chicken McNuggets, and
drink nothin' but Coca Cola until he tells us...
where all the Yellow Capped 20oz PepsiTunes bottles are!!!
This is WAR! :mad:
I WANT MY TUNES!!!

Or, ask him for some iTunes Pepsi, PLEASE? :p
but, don't let him go until he delivers. :(

Toeknee
Feb 16, 2004, 06:16 PM
I finally saw the iTunes Pepsis at an an exxon station here in SA, Tx but i didnt buy one because it was diet. So i went to school and bought me a regular one and won! 1/1 I have to admit i would have been pissed if we still didnt have the bottles here, all i have to say to everyone else is hang in there you have til april to redeem them.

Just got some from HEB and we bought 3 to test out the odds... I grabbed one and it was a winner 2/2 now! :)

TheInevitable
Feb 17, 2004, 05:57 PM
Are they sure its 1 in 3 wins? Because I've bought 10 bottles in the past week and won 6 out of the 10. That's almost 2 in 3!

BagelTycoon
Feb 17, 2004, 11:16 PM
In NYC, this is nothin' but a bunch of #$(*#!.

I say: call in the feds. or the NYS Attorney General to investigate.

No Pepsi/iTunes bottles at convenience stores, drug stores, corner groceries, or supermarkets.

With roughly 11 million people in New York City, you'd think Apple & Pepsi would put a few bottles on the shelves.

The real kicker: the hot dog cart guy outside of the Apple store in Soho sells Coke, not Pepsi!

:eek:

mediababy
Feb 17, 2004, 11:52 PM
Your right this contest has been a joke. Here in Las Vegas I have spotted one in a Smiths Grocery store & it was a Diet Pepsi.

I have stopped in at least 15 different convenience stores & they all are blue cap pepsi & no itunes yellow caps.

The 7-11 said that they had to take the Pepsi Itunes promo stickers off the case, because they never had any & customers were always asking.

These things are almost non existent & if anything they make me want to drink zero Pepsi.

I cant believe they thought people wouldnt notice.

DangerDiabolik
Feb 18, 2004, 12:47 AM
This is a huge ******** joke. Can we start some silly petition ? lol

first that crazy ipod mini ( yikes ! ) now this....Apple....Its smells like cubes in here !

Toeknee
Feb 18, 2004, 11:39 AM
Well i wouldn't blame it on apple. Ive won 3/3 and the process on iTunes it flawless.... the blame should be put on Pepsi. These bottles should be everywhere right now. It should have been a monsoon not a trickle of bottles.

DangerDiabolik
Feb 19, 2004, 12:02 PM
ugh....

i went to a bunch fo places yesterday with the specific task of FINDING bottles...

nadda.

MacRAND
Feb 20, 2004, 12:14 AM
As of today, Thursday February 19, 2004
Phoenix, Arizona
PepsiTunes individual bottles with bright yellow caps are now stocked at the Check Out Counter in Fry's Markets (grocery, not electronics - other Fry brother).
Bought 4 x $1.09 (tipped & peaked - looks promising; waiting to get them real cold!
2 x Pepsi (regular, none of that Diet crad)
2 x Mist (the un-pepsiCola)

Fry's @ 7th Street & Bell Road, North Phoenix

Conversation with MAUREEN at Checkout --
"These Pepsi bottles have really been flying out of here today."
Yeah, probably for the iTunes prizes. How long have these yellow capped bottles been in stock?
"Just today, they just started stocking these kind (holding up a bottle) today.
Aaaa...what's an iTunes?" :confused:
(I explained, Apple.com, Mac or PC, download tunes if inside the yellow cap it says you win).
"Oh? Never heard of it. What's a Mac?" :mad:
"Besides, they probably wouldn't have any music I like."
Why not! You should try it. Tell people about winning tunes inside the cap.
"Yeah, good idea...I will, thanks." :)

I'm so happy I could just burst. :D Can't wait to get home! :p PepsiTunes are here!!!You better not pout
You better not shout,
You better not cry
I'm tellin' you why -
PepsiTunes are comin' to town..:cool:

brooklyn
Feb 20, 2004, 08:04 AM
Oh Well, I was wondering when it would happen... MacMerc.com, posted instructions this week on how to look into sealed Pepsi bottles and figure out which ones carry winning iTunes codes in their caps.

It's Also posted on CNN's Tech Page!

What do we do if we buy a bottle with an already claimed number?

iMan
Feb 20, 2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by brooklyn
What do we do if we buy a bottle with an already claimed number?

It is absolutely unbelievable that no one did a quality check on this before the campaign was out!!

The concern above is very real!

http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-5162098.html?tag=nefd_lede

brooklyn
Feb 20, 2004, 10:40 AM
Just heard someone on an other forum say he went to the supermarket and bought two cases of Pepsi/iTune bottles (all with prize numbers) He said he put the winning bottles on the six pack plastic holders and was going back for more later on.

I wonder if the promotion will be canceled. Musicmatch must be laughing their butts off!

DangerDiabolik
Feb 20, 2004, 12:50 PM
wow.....

What a ***** up lol

This is beginning to look like a disaster.

TimDaddy
Feb 20, 2004, 01:47 PM
This is nothing new. I was getting free bottles of Pepsi and Mountain Dew like this when I was ten years old. They ought to put up a pic of a winner, though. I'm not sure you'll be able to see all of the letters, so you'd at least have to buy the drink. And, I doubt that a huge percentage of the people buying Pepsi are doing this, or they would have fixed it or quit doing this type of promotion a long time ago. After all, I was ten years old when I did it.

MacRAND
Feb 21, 2004, 11:18 AM
Tip & Peek now joins Cut & Paste, Copy & Print, Hit & Ru, and other " &" phrases...
Anyway, I have yet to find anyone with distored enough natural vision who is actually able to Read & Steal a Code number without opening the cap, have you?
Avoiding PLEASE caps, as in PLEASE TRY AGAIN may work...but I have yet to lose, so I'm not sure what a losing cap looks like.
:confused:
Apparently, there can be problems in winning too many tunes...besides rotting your teeth from all that Pepsi sugar (or, not in Diet, but isn't the non-sugar sugar missing a free radical or something? could we get Mad Diet disease & stuff?), high fructose corn syrup, phosphoric acid, citric acid (are we supposed to be drinking ACID!), caffeine (for a real HIGH, Cool :cool: my fav! ) and NATURAL FLAVORS (the label just doesn't specify what the FLAVORS are (even dirt has a flavor), or where these FLAVORS are found NATURAL in Nature. :eek: And we drink Pepsi or Coke while traveling in foreigh countries because we're worried about what's in their water... Well, at least Pepsi warns us about their contents. :)
"NOTICE: Must be 13 or older to win" The iKids depicted below are 13 or older, and no computers were harmed in the making of this cartoon.

Doctor Q
Feb 21, 2004, 12:38 PM
They covered the bottle-tipping method on the local news here last night, in case anybody in Los Angeles didn't already know how to cheat.

Jackk
Feb 21, 2004, 12:59 PM
Here in Finland winning codes are printed inside the label. So it's not possible to see if you won something without drinking the bottle almost half empty. Ofcourse we don't have pepsitunes competition here but in other pepsi competitions this is how it works.

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2004, 01:22 PM
I saw some of the iTunes bottles for sale in a Best Buy by the check-out lanes, but I didn't buy one. I'd like to get one before its over though. :)

brooklyn
Feb 22, 2004, 07:41 AM
Maybe this will force the Cola companies to fill their bottles to the to the cap. Are we really paying for 32-onces of soda or a bottle that can hold 32oz's with 30-onces of soda?

MacRAND
Feb 22, 2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by brooklyn
Maybe this will force the Cola companies to fill their bottles to the to the cap. Are we really paying for 32-onces of soda or a bottle that can hold 32oz's with 30-onces of soda? If the soda companies filled their 20oz bottles to the cap, you'd end up wearing cola most of the time upon opening. Instead, you just hear a small puff of carbonated gas under pressure rush out as the inside pressure stabilizes with the outside atmospheric pressure.
Which do you prefer - a little gas :eek:, or a wet shower of liquid cola? :rolleyes:

Since you've posed the question about the number of ounces in a bottle of pop, next time you open a Pepsi, pour it into a measuring cup and report back whether we are getting the advertised liquid content :), or there is a deviation :mad: from the stated amount and by how much. :p