Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevamundo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2008
http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

If you don't at least chuckle when you watch “bean counter” you're better than I. :)

I said it when Microsoft first paid Simfield $10 million for those two nonsense commercials, why didn't Microsoft spend that money in fixing Vista?

At least their “I'm a PC” ads are a bit more understandable. :rolleyes:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Took Apple a while to respond but they hit the nail on the head. Sucks to be Microsoft's ad agency or a Windows user. :p

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Thanks for sharing!

Bean Counter and the V Word are on Page 2 on MacRumors.

I enjoyed both these ads very much!

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I've been wanting Apple to change their Ads, but this one's a GREAT response to MS's "I'm a PC" ads... :D

Dear Mr. Ballmer:

Advertising, advertising, advertising, advertising...
Advertising, advertising, advertising, advertising...

Apple

:eek:

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Great, and complete fiction like the usual. Vista is fixed - or rather, fixed better than Leopard in real life.

If you think about the user base, $100m vs $300m looks pretty bad for you know who in terms of ad spend vs people to service delivering products of actual quality - i.e. not what Apple gives the pavlovian-conditioned 'I'm a Mac' types these days.

But hey, what fanboy considers stuff - reality - like that?

I'd say if anything, they may need to spend a little more to make up for the year-plus that they did nothing countering Apple's complete BS, since they don't have the head of steam that Apple does.

Definity

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
United Kingdom
I found that pretty ironic, in light of recent events, the DNS flaw being one, which was made public in May 08, but patched in August 08:

Cisco, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems and many Linux versions put out a fix for the flaw on July 8, when it was first disclosed. Apple had taken some heat when it did not release its patch then, too.

Apple have always neglected security, taking unnaturally long to issue flaws. This advert is riddled with irony and contradiction.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Took Apple a while to respond but they hit the nail on the head. Sucks to be Microsoft's ad agency or a Windows user. :p
Agree.

Like this one.

Funny, I was on Skype with a buddy who uses a PC. During our chat, his computer crashed. It was running Vista. Had to laugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.