Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakir

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
after multiple repairs and no fix, apple finally decided to give me a new imac(though i havent received it yet. they say it's gonna take 1 month-_-). i am 2 weeks shy from my 1 year warranty. i asked them whether i can register the applecare using my old serial number and they told me that there's no need for it coz the new machine will come with an added 1 yr warranty just like a brand new machine.

i was wondering, if i were to register my applecare and end up having to replace the machine again within a year, will my warranty continue from that point or will my remaining applecare warranty period be burned?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
If you haven't registered the AppleCare yet, wait until you get the replacement and register the replacement under the protection plan. AppleCare lasts 3 years from the date of purchase of the computer you register it on, so its not as if you'd get another year out of the bargain by enrolling it before the first year expires. You can register it on your original system, but there really isn't much point because AppleCare can only give you either a partial refund on it, or transfer it over to the replacement, but you lose a year of coverage since its still tied to the purchase of the original system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.