Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
How much would a corporate discount on the new Macbooks be? My dad knows a guy who is eligible for them and has gotten them in the past for us, but we haven't contacted him yet.

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
In the past it was 10% for pro models and 8% for consumer models. I've been looking at picking up a new MB and it looks like Apple changed it to 8% and 6%. I've heard some people are still getting the old values, but it was probably just luck.

KamiNoYadoru

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2006
I'm assuming these are for apple employees? They don't have a "partner" program for employees of major corporations, right?

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
I asked my dad to explain it and apparently what he meant by corporation was companies that buy them in mass and thus get a discount. Is that what is usually meant by "corporate discount"?

Ill be interested to see what the discount turns out to be.

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
Okay apparently it's a guy at Macmall that gives him a discount. The plot thickens...

I don't know if it's an employee discount the guy gets or what.

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
Apple offers an Employee Purchase Program for companies that have business deals with them. I work in the semiconductor field and I work for several large corporations (Intel, IBM, Micron, TI, etc). I am able to use their Apple EPP discount. All of those companies have the same discount. Like I said earlier it was 6% and 8%, but may have recently changed. I'll find out in a couple days when I have a chance to go pick up a new MB.

8theapple

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
North
Bump.

Does anyone know if EPP discounts are eligible through the Apple store (just by bringing in ID badge) or do they have to be redeemed online? Thanks in advance.

PinkHappy

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
It is 6% for the Macbooks.

$1221 for 2.0, $1503 for 2.4

And you are able to use the EPP discount in the Apple stores. I don't know what you have to show exactly though. My boyfriend works for Comcast but it didn't say so on his ID for some reason, so he brought his benefits card or something. It had the company name and his name, I think.

Also, I was able to use both my student discount (2.4 was $5 bucks cheaper with it) and the EPP discount, since the Mighty Mouse isn't discounted with the student discount. I don't know if you're a student, but if you are, you should check with both discounts to see how much you can save.

8theapple

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
North
It is 6% for the Macbooks.

$1221 for 2.0, $1503 for 2.4

And you are able to use the EPP discount in the Apple stores. I don't know what you have to show exactly though. My boyfriend works for Comcast but it didn't say so on his ID for some reason, so he brought his benefits card or something. It had the company name and his name, I think.

Also, I was able to use both my student discount (2.4 was $5 bucks cheaper with it) and the EPP discount, since the Mighty Mouse isn't discounted with the student discount. I don't know if you're a student, but if you are, you should check with both discounts to see how much you can save.

Thanks for the response Pinkhappy. I'm glad I can use the EPP in store so I can inspect the macbook I buy with an electron microscope. I want to make sure everything is good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.