Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firteen888

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2008
Downloaded the lite version. Glad I didn't waste money on this one, it could be the most boring game I've ever played.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Downloaded the lite version. Glad I didn't waste money on this one, it could be the most boring game I've ever played.

How many levels does this lite version have? To be fair, the game doesn't get that interesting until a few levels in, and gets more fun the more you play it. This might be one of those instances where offering a "lite" version might actually backfire, and where people might not want to pay for the full version if they think the rest of the game is ONLY like the lite version.

kyto

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
The light version is one level and very short. I was disapointed at the length but amazed by the gameplay. I'm sure it gets better.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
How many levels does this lite version have? To be fair, the game doesn't get that interesting until a few levels in, and gets more fun the more you play it. This might be one of those instances where offering a "lite" version might actually backfire, and where people might not want to pay for the full version if they think the rest of the game is ONLY like the lite version.

Not sure if that is the case. I've played many many levels of full game and it's still boring.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The light version is one level and very short. I was disapointed at the length but amazed by the gameplay. I'm sure it gets better.

Opinions vary... I bought the full game, and I played it all the way through to the end once. I'd consider playing it again later, although I don't think it has terrific replay value. I do still consider it as having been worth the $10.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Opinions vary... I bought the full game, and I played it all the way through to the end once. I'd consider playing it again later, although I don't think it has terrific replay value. I do still consider it as having been worth the $10.

How did you get past level 29 where you have to steal the egg of the giant. Can't seem to figure it out.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
How did you get past level 29 where you have to steal the egg of the giant. Can't seem to figure it out.

Wait, erm, are you talking about the level with the giant squid or the level with the big fish that you're supposed to get the little fish to attack?

For the big fish / little fish one (29) I actually cheated... :eek:

See this:

http://modmyi.com/forums/apple-apps...91-spore-gaming-level-29-ftl.html#post2151201

For the squid one, I did it the "proper" way... (whitetext below)

Basically, you just have to find a shield pill (purple, IIRC), swim up behind the squid, and let it snare you with a tentacle. Then swim away, and you'll pull the tentacle away with you. If you repeat the process, you can take away all its tentacles....

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Wait, erm, are you talking about the level with the giant squid or the level with the big fish that you're supposed to get the little fish to attack?

For the big fish / little fish one (29) I actually cheated... :eek:

See this:

http://modmyi.com/forums/apple-apps...91-spore-gaming-level-29-ftl.html#post2151201

For the squid one, I did it the "proper" way... (whitetext below)

Basically, you just have to find a shield pill (purple, IIRC), swim up behind the squid, and let it snare you with a tentacle. Then swim away, and you'll pull the tentacle away with you. If you repeat the process, you can take away all its tentacles....

Hey thanks, I was talking about the squid level. I think I was starting to get it finally, but I could only snare one tentacle. Thanks for the help.

p3ernie

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2009
Can you save the Spores Creature for lite version?

Is it possible to save the creature you make for the Lite version??? Plz HELP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.