Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qwikrex

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
When I try watching the new mac vs. pc ads on apples site, when the video loads the progress bar doesn't move but the video plays just fine. The videos on apple.com/trailers work fine though. It doesn't do this on my whitebook. Does anyone else have this problem on their new macbook?

qwikrex

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
It happens in both safari and firefox. I'm aware of it being a software related issue. I was thinking it might have been attributed with the version of OSX released with the new macbooks. It also doesn't happen every time. Sometimes the progress bar moves normally as the video streams. Other times it doesn't move at all.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I have the new MacBook and noticed what you mention as well. I haven't checked around much, but the Apple ads were very obvious with the progress bar not moving. I didn't check with any other browser on any other system.

8theapple

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
North
It happens on my lil bro's previous gen white MB 2.4 ghz. He was unable to watch the new macbook videos on the apple site using quicktime. The progress bar stopped in the middle. It worked fine on my pc computer (IE).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.