PDA

View Full Version : Album Art?

southpaw17
Oct 20, 2008, 06:55 PM
Is iTunes not allowing album art downloads for music that is not bought through them anymore?

It says
"Artwork for "Artist - Album" could not be found. An unknown error occurred. (-609).

What should I do?
Thanks

dborja
Oct 20, 2008, 07:09 PM
'Still works for me...

southpaw17
Oct 20, 2008, 07:27 PM
Any ideas on how to get it to work for me again

Thanks

granavefenix
Oct 20, 2008, 08:05 PM
you need to be connected to itunes store with your account.

If you are connected to itunes store and still appearing the error, check your internet connection, firewall, etc, maybe it`s blocking itunes access to internet.

Or, maybe another different reason i don`t know now.

dborja
Oct 20, 2008, 10:10 PM
+1 on what granavefenix said.

Also, pardon me for asking dumb questions but:

Do the songs have song title, artist and album info?
Did you highlight the songs for which you want album art?
Did you then do <right-click>"Get Album Art" on the highlighted songs?

Unless iTunes doesn't know about the song, it has been downloading artwork for me - source notwithstanding...

Hope that helps

Mr. Giver '94
Oct 20, 2008, 10:40 PM
you need to be connected to itunes store with your account.

If you are connected to itunes store and still appearing the error, check your internet connection, firewall, etc, maybe it`s blocking itunes access to internet.

Or, maybe another different reason i don`t know now.

Try that, it should help. If not, I'm not sure... Sorry

granavefenix
Oct 21, 2008, 12:18 AM
+1 on what granavefenix said.

Also, pardon me for asking dumb questions but:

Do the songs have song title, artist and album info?
Did you highlight the songs for which you want album art?
Did you then do <right-click>"Get Album Art" on the highlighted songs?

Unless iTunes doesn't know about the song, it has been downloading artwork for me - source notwithstanding...

Hope that helps

Ok, in order to iTunes find the cover arts, the songs you want to find their covers, must have Title, Artist and Album must have been written exactly they are in the CDDB database or iTunes server CDs database (im not sure which database they use.
If you want to find covers of one or several songs, they must be selected - highlighted by you. You can select from different albums, artist, etc.
And yes, i use the right click "get album art".

Conclusion: if no correct title AND artist AND album, no cover art you will get.

granavefenix
Oct 21, 2008, 12:21 AM
And, there`s no dumb question, there`s only one way to learn: ASKING.

Perhaps, you can search before, but if you ask and somebody answers, is OK. jejeje

DaftUnion
Oct 21, 2008, 06:21 AM
Here's the real and simple answer.

The vast majority of artwork will work with correctly tagged media, but there's still some music that even if it's correctly tagged, there's no way of getting the artwork without buying one of the songs. Just how some of it is.

An example of this would be any album by Radiohead. Try it if you don't believe me.