Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psxp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Has anyone noticed that the Macbook iSkin affects the magnectic lock on the new MacBook Aluminium? It doesnt feel as strong with the iSkin installed. I guess the glass screen touches it.

SpudsMcKenzie

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
Has anyone noticed that the Macbook iSkin affects the magnectic lock on the new MacBook Aluminium? It doesnt feel as strong with the iSkin installed. I guess the glass screen touches it.

That's great... I just bought one yesterday and it should be shipping today.

psxp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008

Was looking at this some more, the white macbook screen is slightly recessed from the bezel, so the keyboard cover has room to fit more snuggly.

I suspect with the MacBook Alum. the keyboard cover touches the screen.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I can see using a skin on the old MacBook - I do. Helps to protect the dirt from the keyboard getting on the screen.

I saw the Aluminum ones last night at the Apple Store. You now have glass protecting the screen - so you can easily wipe anything off.

I wouldn't use a skin on the Aluminum ones (I'm not going to when I finally get one) - ruins the aesthetics...

psxp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
I can see using a skin on the old MacBook - I do. Helps to protect the dirt from the keyboard getting on the screen.

I used mine to keep dirt from getting under the keys into the casing..

I saw the Aluminum ones last night at the Apple Store. You now have glass protecting the screen - so you can easily wipe anything off.

I wouldn't use a skin on the Aluminum ones (I'm not going to when I finally get one) - ruins the aesthetics...

yes, the Macbook is very nice - esp. with the backlit keys.. I'm glad I dropped the extra $$$ for that. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.