PDA

View Full Version : External hardrive suggestions?

UgLy KoeRner
Oct 20, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hello My Macbook pro is in, I am going to pick it up tmw.

The next step is the Mbox pro, and in the mean time I need an external hardrive, any suggestions on the size, brand, is there speeds I should keep an eye out for?

I use my set up mainly for Recording, video editing, photography and graphics, basically a self contained Artist so far. I hate leaving my art in someone elses hands.

Is buying an external hardrive from "Best buy" an ok option, like I know nothing about what to look for and I dont want something that could crash or whatever.

Also as I am going to be purchasing the Mbox pro, should I get the firwire external hardrive.

Lost and confused, shed some light and thank U very much.

http://www.youtube.com/DeadSexTV

thegoldenmackid
Oct 24, 2008, 10:24 AM
Numerous other threads. I'd recommend something with FW800 for sped and what not. After that there are numerous options if you aren't going to be recording right next to it then sound won't be an issue and then it's just kinda up to you.

dcocharro
Oct 24, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hi!
A friend of mine uses to record audio a express card sata adapter to connect a sata external server drive with sata connection. So far he didn't complaint.
He uses a macbook pro.

Hello My Macbook pro is in, I am going to pick it up tmw.

The next step is the Mbox pro, and in the mean time I need an external hardrive, any suggestions on the size, brand, is there speeds I should keep an eye out for?

I use my set up mainly for Recording, video editing, photography and graphics, basically a self contained Artist so far. I hate leaving my art in someone elses hands.

Is buying an external hardrive from "Best buy" an ok option, like I know nothing about what to look for and I dont want something that could crash or whatever.

Also as I am going to be purchasing the Mbox pro, should I get the firwire external hardrive.

Lost and confused, shed some light and thank U very much.

http://www.youtube.com/DeadSexTV

NewSc2
Oct 26, 2008, 04:44 AM
If you can pawn up the extra cash, I'd recommend OWC (www.macsales.com) or G-Tech (www.g-technology.com). I just bought the OWC Mercury On-The-Go, 320gb 7200rpm FW800/400/USB. It's bus-powered, which is very convenient for those times I want to take my projects along with me.

If you're working mainly at home, most external HDD's should be fine. Stick with a name brand like Seagate, Western Digital, or LaCie.