Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthew858

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I am a noob when it comes to programming, and this forum has helped me immensely. I understand that reading books and taking courses on Objective-C is going to make my experience easier, and I am currently doing this. The issue I am currently having though, is one that I cannot get around from my knowledge so far:
20081021-qe1her2ecmnmmbufj4csuqxrs6.jpg

I am having a hard time understanding what this means, as everything that is necessary is declared in FirstViewController. This message has appeared when I linked a UITableView method from my code to the table in Interface Builder. This also seems to be causing my app to crash. Would anybody like to guide/tell me what I am doing wrong and what I should do? I am really stumped!

Thanks in advance and I hoped that you don't mind the "noobish" question.

chbeer

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2008
Berlin
The question is quite noobish, but, for my opinion, well asked.

Your problem is, that in your File's Owner (in IB) there seemed to be a IBOutlet named 'delegate' before. Now it is gone in the class behind File's Owner but it is still connected in IB.

Solution: click on File's Owner and open the information window about connections. There you will see a grayed out connection named "delegate" which you can delete using the X.

HTH,
Christian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.