Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darkroom

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
is it possible?

Code:
- (IBAction)swatchSizeChange:(id)sender
	{
	[swatchDragSizeSlider setToolTip:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%i",[sender intValue]]];
	}

with the code above i have the current location of the slider displaying as its tooltip, but it would be a million times better if it's possible to show the tooltip while the slider is moving. i'm hoping this is possible. i couldn't find anything in the documentation.

[EDIT] sorry, i meant to write "but it would be a million times better if it's possible to show the tooltip visible and updating while the slider is moving" if my intention wasn't clear...

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
That is not the purpose of a tool tip. A slider's value should always be apparent, so put a static string next to it and update it as the slider's value changes.

Or make your own control where the value is part of the slider "thumb" like in Photoshop and other apps with lots of sliders.

Darkroom

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
That is not the purpose of a tool tip. A slider's value should always be apparent, so put a static string next to it and update it as the slider's value changes.

Or make your own control where the value is part of the slider "thumb" like in Photoshop and other apps with lots of sliders.

ok... you're right... so that is what i have done...

thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.